• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by TNSAF

1. T

Barrel Problem

nope can't feel anything.
  2. T

Barrel Problem

Here is the before picture: Here are the after pics:
  3. T

A few quick, easy questions

2.) Brush the dirt one way out the barrel...not into the action 5.) I don't use the mop...unless I'm dusting out the barrel before shooting. I use a bore snake... I will be cleaning the barrel with it removed from the gun so dirt falling into the action won't happen. With that being said, is...
  4. T

A few quick, easy questions

Thanks for your help guys! I own a Mossy 590A1. 1. Will a bronze brush hurt my barrel? Is a nylon brush better? 2. Is it ok to work the brush back and forth or am I supposed to only push it one way (the way the round travels) 3. Is it a good idea to put the gun in a silicone...
  5. T

Is this rust?

I had to drive 2.5 hours each way to get mine. None of the gun stores where I live carry them normally, and some had them on order but were being told they were backordered and didn't know when they would be arriving. I had already waited almost 2 months for it to arrive at my favorite shop...
  6. T

Barrel Problem

Thanks for the input everyone. I took my gun to a Mossberg approved dealer today after calling Mossberg and sending them the photos. First they wanted me to ship the barrel to them in Texas, but after they found out I'm Canadian they directed me to the nearest dealer they work with. The...
  7. T

Is this rust?

Thanks for the input Nitesite and everyone. I took my gun to a Mossberg approved dealer today after calling Mossberg and sending them the photos. First they wanted me to ship the barrel to them in Texas, but after they found out I'm Canadian they directed me to the nearest dealer they work...
  8. T

Is this rust?

What do you mean nitesite?
  9. T

Barrel Problem

I got the gun 2 weeks ago, it was brand new in the box, and I haven't cleaned it yet. If it is surface rust, and I do clean it off with solvent or something.....am I more likely to get rust again now that there has been some?
  10. T

Is this rust?

Just bought a brand new, out of the box 590A1, 18.5 inch barrel, 6 shot. I haven't fired it yet. There is some rusty coloration in the barrel Is this rust or is it something else? Thanks guys!
  11. T

Barrel Problem

But is that rust, do you think? Or something else?
  12. T

Barrel Problem

Here is a photo. Is this rust or is it residue from something they put ion the barrel before shipping? I'm new to all this. Is this something unusual or is this normal in a brand new gun and can be cleaned out? Thanks!
  13. T

Barrel Problem

My new 590A1 has some spot rust inside the barrel, towards the muzzle that I can see, not sure if there more elsewhere. Whats the best way to get this off? Secondly, is using a copper bore brush going to damage my barrel? I read something about barrels getting "pitting" in them and I don't...
  14. T

Boresnake or Kit?

I get the sense that the boresnake is good for usual maintenance but once in a while it is necessary to get out a cleaning kit and do a really thorough cleaning. Is this right? I am new to gun ownership and so when I go to MidwayUsa or CheaperThanDirt and see about 300 cleaning kits, each...
  15. T

Pistol grip 590A1 (18.5 BBL) Trigger Assembly won't remove

Re: Pistol grip 590A1 (18.5 BBL) Trigger Assembly won't rem Ok I tried to take the buttstock off first and my brother and I can't figure out how to do it. I called Mossberg and the guy on the phone who was trying to tell me how to do it I don't think really knew what he was talking about. He...
Back