• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by trevor2894

1. T

FINALLY getting my 590A1 within the next couple weeks!

I'm going to be purchasing the 18.5 with bead sight and I only intend on adding a simple 2 point sling and one of those blackhawk shell holders for the buttstock and a new recoil pad. I know this is a pointless thread, but I couldn't resist ;) I guess it isn't pointless because I know the day I...
  2. T

sling studs

Shall I loctite them at all? I took a long hard look at what I'll be using my 6 shot 590a1 for and decided to go with a standard 2 point sling using the rear sling stud and the magazine tube cap. For some reason because the buttstock is plastic, I keep thinking that it will loosen over time...
  3. T

Looking for a good single point

They make a 13"? Holy Crap you just saved my life! The 12 was a bit too short for me, and the factory was too long. The 13" sounds perfect.
  4. T

Thanks for the replies and I think I know what you mean about it interfering. It looked pretty functional without having to buy one of those sling adaptors or a new short LOP stock. I may just trim the factory stock a little and add one of those sling plates then. I would get the hogue stock...
  5. T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMpmIJmHiXI There's the video. If you look at the first guy in the red shirt it looks like he's got a single point that's wrapped around the buttstock. I thought it looked like an interesting way utilize a single point other than the use of the a plate adaptor.
  6. T

Hmm okay, I just saw this video from tactical response fighting shotgun and this guy had a single point that wrapped around the stock. It wasn't like the type of wrap around like you would see from a 3 point, but it wrapped around the pistol grip area of the stock if that makes sense. I may not...
  7. T

I figured since the 6 shot model is a bit smaller (not by much) than the 9 shot model, I will want to go single point. I looked at other slings like the traditional 2 points and 3 points are apparently a disaster on pump guns so I thought I'd try out a good single point. I saw on a video once...
  8. T

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Heat Shields

Re: aimpro heatshield question This is exactly what I love to hear. I'm gonna go ahead and get it then.
  9. T

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Heat Shields

aimpro heatshield question Hey guys, I'm getting the 18.5 bead sighted 590a1 and I really like the heatshields that aimpro makes for the heavy barrel. I know that it won't move back and forth because it basically hugs two points which are where the receiver is and the lug ( or whatever you...
  10. T

Sight question, Ghost ring vs. bead?

I know this may be a stupid question as the 590a1 is known for its durability especially with the military, but since the bead is simply screwed into the barrel. How well does it hold up to lots and lots of rounds? I think to myself, if it was a major problem then they wouldn't use that method...
  11. T

My first mod: The 590a1 Buster

So not to jack a semi old thread, but 2.75 shells should work with this right? I know you can't shoot slugs because of the backbored barrel, but what about the 2.75 inch shells because they're shorter?
  12. T

Sight question, Ghost ring vs. bead?

One of my final questions about the 590 is not necessarily about speed but durability. I know that the bead sights on the 590's and all Mossberg shotguns are simply screwed into the barrel. How durable is this? I know the ghost ring sight is silver soldered onto the barrel and then the rear...
  13. T

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Some 500 models not shown on Mossberg website? I'm looking for an 18.5 inch 6 shot Mossberg 500 with a parkerized finish, but on the website it only shows that particular configuration in blued. There are some versions but they either have the breacher choke or a "tactical stock" but then I go...
  14. T

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Forends

Re: 590a1 forend tube length? The 590a1 does, but the regular 590 doesn't
  15. T

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Forends

Re: 590a1 forend tube length? Thanks Ross, this is definitely my type of forum! People answer fast.
Back