• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by TriumphMan

1. T

100 atr, major accuracy problems

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, nor tried that I can see, is if you have taken scope off and tried it on another rifle that you know of that shoots good. This will determine if scope's W/E are holding. I know Vortex makes very good scopes, but that doesn't mean the scope can't be bad. I...
  2. T

want to add sight's.

Yes there is a way, but it won't be all that cheap. One way is to have Gun Smith mill in some dove tail slots and slide in some aftermarket sights. Cheapest way, but very do-able. Second way, and much more expensive, is to change out to different barrel that has installed sights and have it...
  3. T

Mossberg 100 ATR- free floated barrel

Re: Free floated barrel Be careful when cutting away material on the stock to get that barrel free floated. All barrel needs is free floated up to where barrel flares out before being joined to receiver, which is somewhere around 2 to 3 inches from receiver, because this is an area where you...
  4. T

Barrel Break-In

Lazy Eyed Sniper pretty much said it in a nutshell. When I do a barrel break-in, I'll first clean that barrel before I even fire off the first shot. This will get out any leftover metals left behind by the Manufacturer during the build process. Also lets me know that the barrel is clear of any...
  5. T

Mossberg 100 ATR- New Owners Area...

Re: New Member / New Rifle I've had great results with either the CoreLokts(PSP) and the Federal PowerShocks(SP) in 150gr the best. Both will give me a bullseye the size of a Quarter at 100yds for up to 3 shots. After that the barrel is too hot and gives a barrel whip and opens up the grouping...
  6. T

Targets

I'm ashamed that I'm a cheap SOB. I use 9" white paper picnic plates, and use a black magic marker to make my bullseye, and I nail them up on a tree or if at gun range I'll staple them on the backboard. You can see them quite clearly as far off as 250yds, but at that distance you do need a...
  7. T

Why so innacurate

You didn't ruin a barrel, you made it a much better brush gun. I like the idea of threading the end and going to a flash hider/suppressor. As to a scope, go to Walmart to get one of those Tasco 4-power in 3/4 tube. They're now made by Bushnell and should be really accurate and look good on that...
  8. T

FIXED POWER: Hunting Scope Options

It's so true about some hunters using large magnification scopes. I like 4-power scopes, but I wish a scope company would come out with a 2-power scope with fast eye focus and a 32 to 36mm objective in a 1 inch tube to pick up light well in a dusk and dawn situation for those real close shots of...
  9. T

SHOTGUN: Holographic/Red Dot Sight Options

With shooting like that LES, I can see that sight not coming off anytime soon. I have a Bushnell Trophy 1x28 with 4 different red reticles to choose from. I have it mounted on a Rem 870 in 20ga for Turkey at the moment. It does sit high on the saddleback mount I have on the receiver and I needed...
  10. T

ADJUSTABLE POWER: Hunting Scope Options

I think that was a wise decision to change out that Barska scope for something more dependable and reliable onto that ATR. Barska are VERY unreliable when you need them the most, and if you hunt, then you need it the most. Probably a $20 scope. 40 years ago, a $20 scope would of been a good one...
  11. T

scope inquiry for my atr

Don't worry about your scope. I have that same model Bushnell scope on a little Ruger 10/22 custom I built and it's a tack driver. Literally. I can explode those tiny plastic colored pins they use on info boards at 50yds with my 22LR. What your friends probably think, is if it's from China, it's...
  12. T

Mossberg Owners Forum feedback, suggestions, changes, etc...

Re: Mossberg Owners Forum feedback, suggestions, changes, et There's not many scope makers making them nowadays, but don't forget "fixed power" scopes. Looks like we're off to a good start. Thanks Del
  13. T

Re: Mossberg Owners Forum feedback, suggestions, changes, et It's funny, that with a gun forum, you don't have an OPTIC/RING/BASE page. This site needs one, and it should be broken up into different segments. There's "Red Dot"/Holographic scopes, Target, Shotgun, Air Rifle and Hunting scopes...
  14. T

Video of the NEW Mossberg 500 CHAINSAW!!!

Not my cup of tea with it being in a 12ga. Just too hard on wrist and forearm muscles to try and tame down, to shoot each day. NOW, if this sucker was in a 410ga, it would be quite fun to knock a few crows or squirrels out of trees and still functional as a nice home defense weapon with slugs as...
  15. T

Re: Mossberg Owners Forum feedback, suggestions, changes, et Thanks for the info. I'll delete any board cookies to see if that clears up the site confusion. Del
Back