• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Ttutt

1. Ttutt

Walnut Tactical Stock, from scratch.

thanks! I cheated on the grain issue. I've got a stainless 5/16" lag bolt threaded almost to the mounting bolt. I figure if I refrain from firing it by the grip only, there should be no problem.
  2. Ttutt

now THATs a supressor!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/10/16/worlds-largest-gun-suppressor/
  3. Ttutt

Love the new logo!

no. not really cost effective at all. but, I bet one could turn one out even on a drill press with a file and some brass. anyone know what thread those take? or how they are secured?
  4. Ttutt

Here birdy, birdy, birdy...

no on the optics. just couldn't wait to try it on... no on the stain. that's real walnut and only one coat of half linseed oil and half turpentine. one more coat of that then a couple of full strength linseed oil. I'm not up to checkering, but I might put a Turks head knot in the middle.
  5. Ttutt

I've got no checkering tools, but it does need something.
  6. Ttutt

a few minutes on the scroll saw, a few minutes on the drill press and a few hours whittling later and...
  7. Ttutt

Love the new logo!

The only problem I have is that now I want to get a front bead that looks like the crest of the helmet in the logo.
  8. Ttutt

Walnut Tactical Stock, from scratch.

nah. I started thinking about the effect that heating cooling and humidity would have on such thin wood sections. thought about a forend with integral shield but I haven't worked it out enough try it out.
  9. Ttutt

pictures that make you lol

10. Ttutt

magazine tube liner?

one thing that has always irked me about my 500 is the sound of the magazine spring sliding along the inside of the magazine tube as it is being compressed. lots of followers are available in many materials, but none of those would address the sound of that spring. i've been looking around at...
  11. Ttutt

interest in magpul accessories?

http://www.facebook.com/magpul/posts/480620691950285
  12. Ttutt

Tactical Gun Cart (Baby Stroller

now THAT is a bugout vehicle.
  13. Ttutt

What song are you listening to right now

Sent from my MOTOROLA ATRIX[TRADE MARK SIGN] 2 on AT&T
  14. Ttutt

runnin' redneck or hayseed dixie?

and, what? no one's heard of Hayseed Dixie?
  15. Ttutt

runnin' redneck or hayseed dixie?

the best part is a detail I couldn't capture at the time. replacing the trigger group pin is a 3/16" x 2" eye bolt for a sling attachment. I needed a cheap solution to see if the paracord sling I made was the right size.
Back