• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Vyse

1. V

How to? Remove mag tube spring retainer

This is why I love this site...lots of questions asked and answered. This is the same set-up I have now (the 930 HS with just a few mods like the bolt handle, the +2 extension and XL cap), but I wasn't 100% confident on how to remove that mag spring retainer without fouling things up (and...
  2. V

Consistency in improvements between 930 models

Thanks...and nice pics. Talked to Mossberg this morning and they said the HS was only available with the blued barrel and no new charging handle. Got the gun today and they were half right...no new charging handle, but the barrel was matte black and does appear to be the newer hefty version...
  3. V

Thanks, guys. Hey Ben, did your HS barrel come blued or matte black? I've heard that it's been a little inconsistent (maybe the blued is being phased out, but there are some still around?) but I don't know how accurate that is. Great to hear how well it fired out of the box!
  4. V

I did a quick search but haven't seen this addressed... I've seen a lot of posts about how Mossberg improved the charging handle a while back and the newest generation barrels are a little thicker. I hadn't really thought about it before, but are these kinds of improvements made to all of the...
  5. V

How-do from St. Louis

First, a big THANK YOU. I've lurked for quite a while and am only now taking the time to register. I have a new 930 HS on the way, and I couldn't have made the decision to buy it without this fantastic forum and all the guys who are so committed to disseminating honest, first-hand information...
Back