• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

URGENT Connecticut members

I can't imagine that the CT politicians think they can register magazines. Unbelievable.

Keep fighting CT!

The new proposal, made public after weeks of negotiation by legislative leaders, is expected to go to a vote on Wednesday with the support of both Democrats and Republicans.

It sounds like a back door deal like NY had only it took longer. Whatever happened to transparancy and public debate? It's all a sham.

As expected, this has resulted in a very predictable run on gun stores. And even more manufacturer's threatening to bail out to other states. :roll:

NEWINGTON, Conn. – Customers packed gun stores around Connecticut on Tuesday ahead of a vote expected to bring sweeping changes to the state's gun control laws, including a ban on the sale of large-capacity ammunition magazines like the ones used in the Newtown shooting and a new classification for more than 100 types of guns as banned assault weapons.

Lawmakers have touted the legislation expected to pass the General Assembly on Wednesday as the toughest in the country. Some measures would take effect right away, including the expansion of the state's assault weapons ban, universal background checks for all firearms sales, and a ban on the sale or purchase of ammunition magazines holding more than 10 rounds. The bill also addresses mental health and school security measures in response to the massacre.

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, a Democrat, supports the bill and could sign it into law as soon as Wednesday night.

In a state with a rich history of gun manufacturing, some companies said they feel the legislation made them into scapegoats for the deaths of 20 first-graders and six educators in the Dec. 14 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School. At least one ammunition magazine maker is more seriously considering offers to leave.

"My home is in Connecticut, but at this point, I don't know if I can operate here legally come Wednesday afternoon," said Jonathan Scalise, owner of Ammunition Storage Components in New Britain. He said it's unclear to him whether employees in possession of banned firearms or ammunition would be breaking the law.

Gun shops across the state reported brisk sales Tuesday and said customers also checked on the status of orders that they worried could be canceled once the new laws take effect.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04 ... z2POdDZm5D

My local gun shop is going to close up shop if this passes. Thiswhole situation is digusting.

I watched an hour of the session then I turned it off.

The fix is in big time. Only 10 senators oppose this abomination.

Hope your state rifle assoc has a lawsuit in the wings. Ill donate to it.

Unbelievable how split our country is. Just yesterday AK passed a bill through our house that would make federal laws prohibiting/ impeeding 2A rights unlawful to enforce... and here CT is trying to out-do NY and CA combinded. Holding my breath to see what happens! And you've got yourself another member LTB45, just signed up as well!

I got to thinking about this and NY's new laws,how in the h#(( did our founding thirteen colonies become this bad :( .I mean really,these states have all these monuments to our founding fathers,and here they are passing bogus laws in these same states taking away FREEDOM .
Here's hoping the NRA starts a lawsuit the day after this bill is signed.
Sad state of affairs I'd say.

*And yes I know we have Cali,Colorado,Illinois and other places too.

Water Monkey said:
I watched an hour of the session then I turned it off.

The fix is in big time. Only 10 senators oppose this abomination.

Hope your state rifle assoc has a lawsuit in the wings. Ill donate to it.

CCDL has set up a fund for legislation.
You can donate via the paypal link on the website
www.ccdl.us

AloBoy said:
I got to thinking about this and NY's new laws,how in the h#(( did our founding thirteen colonies become this bad :( .I mean really,these states have all these monuments to our founding fathers,and here they are passing bogus laws in these same states taking away FREEDOM .
Here's hoping the NRA starts a lawsuit the day after this bill is signed.
Sad state of affairs I'd say.

*And yes I know we have Cali,Colorado,Illinois and other places too.

Free Shit Army.

People wanting things without hard work and dedication to sow their own fields. Thus willing to give up liberty because they have been dupped into the Government will work it out.

Yes it is correct.
That was the Senate bill now the House is in session.
Thanks Water Monkey for the donation!

I couldn't believe what was coming out of those senators' mouths.

Straight up treason. Forced confiscation. Acknowledged incrementalism.

This shit is passing right through tonight. All those hearings with all those people taking their days to fight for their rights was totally dismissed.

FWIW looks like Maryland Delegate Don Dwyer is forming a volunteer militia due to the gun bills being forced.

Starting to get real.

Sorry bro. This whole shit is fixed.

I'm not sure what is worse...

Voting without constituent input.

Or listening to Constituent input which is 90/10 NOT in favor of new draconian gun laws and just doing it anyway.

I've been watching CT since the beginning. And this blows my mind more than NY.

ripjack13 said:
51 yea
95 nay
5 n/v

Motion failed.

To divide up the bill into different parts to vote on. They want it all one bill. All or nothing. Rob Sampsons amendment also got shot down.

It passed. Let's see the poopstorm that explodes now.
I am speachless......

Back