• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wheel GUNS!!

Nice,

I'm still lookin around for a nice top-break. Uberti's still makin em, but they're awfully proud of em...

It is an old frame Ruger Vaquero in .45LC.
I replaced the ejector and ejector shroud with steel components and replaced the factory grips with rosewood.

IMGP0365.jpg

I just picked up this lightly used S&W 686P today! :mrgreen:

While Mossberg has never been known to produce a centerfire revolver, Mossberg owners have been know to own a few revolvers from different manufacturers like Colt, Ruger, Smith & Wesson, Remington, etc...

So, let's see your favorite wheel guns and hear the story behind 'em !!

I believe I can answer that question for Lazy...Yes they are !!

... From the Hornady website:
Critical Defense loads offer real “man-stopping” power.

Unaffected by thick and heavy clothing, including denim and leather.

Patented FTX bullet delivers superior controlled expansion and large, deep wound cavities over a wide range of velocities.

Clean burning and stable propellants reduce recoil in lightweight handguns, and perform consistently in all temperatures.

Minimal muzzle flash protects night vision.

Feeds reliably in all pistols.

Shiny silver nickel plating prevents corrosion, and is easily visible in low light situations.

Bullets are cannelured and crimped to avoid bullet setback.

Bullets are custom designed for individual loads.

I finally talked my dad out of his revolver that I was able to shoot as a kid, I found out not too long ago that my dad bought it from his boss back in the late 70's or so, So I guess its somewhat fitting that I get to buy it from my boss :mrgreen:
My dad sold it to me for what he paid for it back then.

5355630709_c1d669f411_z.jpg

5355631119_a32623be5e_z.jpg

Its a J.P.Sauer and Sohn, Hawes import, Western Marshal .44magnum, While not the hottest revolver around I love it!
I haven't been able to nail down an exact build date, But from what I can gather it is from the late 60's to early 70's.
I've been reloading some less than factory loads(closer to .44special) for it so I can shoot it a bit more, My son love to shoot it as well.

Congrats!

Very nice acquisition, and sounds like you got a helluva deal too. Gotta love those family prices!

Good lookin' sixgun ya got there VitSports6...

My favorite wheel gun is a Colt single action revolver, just like yours...

Thanks for sharing !!

My favorite revolver. Right after my Papa passed I was in a gun store, and while walking around I saw this revolver and had to have it......but funds were lacking. My father saw how much I was drooling on it and said that I was going to be getting a little money from my Papa's estate. Well, this is what I got with the money left to me by my Papa. Every time I shoot it or hold it I think of Papa.
c6538989.jpg

Back