• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

By the way, this Surefire G2X is ridiculously bright...I'm talkin about lighting up the entire room in a split second with a touch of a button. Looks really heavy duty too, as well as looking great. Easily blinding anyone that you would want/need too

Once I have my CDM mount, I'll add it on my 590 and post some pics.

I probably won't have the side saddle, Barska sight and rail for 2-3 weeks, since they were backordered. But the prices I paid for them were crazy cheap, cheap enough to wait for them to come in

Brownell's has about the best price I've seen on the ShortShot. I think I got mine for under $50 with the LE discount.

Yup, my downstairs in one large squarish room, probably 800sq ft or so...

And from the middle of one end pointed towards the other, the light "circle" lights up the entire room from wall to wall literally

After I mount it, I'll practice with it to get used to it, but it's great to come into pitch black, turn on the light, everything gets bright, and you don't get blinded. Know what you could be shooting at 100%

But if you accidentally look at it yourself (off gun of course) even for a split second, it's like staring at the sun...you get a burn into your eyes that won't go away for a while lol

Progress report on my hunt for 590A1 accessories....

When I joined this board, I said I was looking for a) a sling, b) a shorter stock, and c) a storage bag for the beast. Well, Rossingol sent me to Planet Optics for the Hogue 12" LOP stock, which I bought and had a 'smith install for $10. Then I bought a Specter Gear 3 point sling, which came with the front end adapter to loop the sling thru.

Now, need to find that bag. Just something to keep Mr. 590A1 in when he is not at the ready. Am thinking about getting one from Mossberg-- pretty cheap. One I get a bag, will take a pic and post.

Plenty of good advice to be had here. Thanks to all.

Re: Progress report on my hunt for 590A1 accessories....

That is great to hear! I look forward to seeing pictures of your new setup and feedback on how it is working out for you. As far as bags go there are a ton of options out there and it is certainly hard to decide on what one to get. I recently picked up some BlackHawk products that I have listed in the link below if you want to check out some of those.

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=1558

Re: Progress report on my hunt for 590A1 accessories....

I gotta say the BlackHawk bags look awesome! They seem to have plenty of storage to use as range bags too!

Wwing Swivel and sling

Hey Guy's I'm stoked I finally found a forum specifically for Mossberg Owners, so down to the questions.
I have a 590 Tactical and I have the little bead on the end of the magazine tube and one on the end of the stock I'm trying to find some sling swivels for them but am not sure what fits and what doesn't.. the second part is finding the right sling, I would probably go for a standard black strap sling no need for padding or ability to carry shells.. If anyone could hook me up with some info on where to find that stuff I would be greatly greatly appreciated. I've been on Cheaperthandirt.com and Sportsman Guide but haven't been sure of exactly what I'm looking for or whether it will fit and work properly. Again much appreciation in advance.

Re: Wwing Swivel and sling

Start with the sling you want, that will dictate the size swivels you should get. Most swiveles will fit the studsLet us know what you plan on using the SG for and we can advise on the sling.

I use a wider sling swivel, but that because I use primarily an M1907 sling. Just like Oli said, decide on the sling, swivels will follow.

If you want a basic GI type sling, a 1" swivel works. I have a 590A1 and wanted a swivel to match the finish, I went with KNS parkerized 1 1/4" swivels. I get those from Midway.

By the way, Welcome to Mossberg Owners, Good to have you on!!! ;)

What I want is a basic parkerized sling swivel, and a basic black sling to go with just for going out in the woods shooting.. something that would work well if Z-Day happens ya know gotta be ready for Z-Day :)
Hey DH i saw your link but would you be able to link me to the exact sling swivel, same for the basic sling I just want to make sure i'm getting the right ones I would really really appreciate it if you have a free moment to do so.

Thanks for the input guys!
-Dieter

Picatinny rail and Aimpoint mount for my 590A1.

Hey folks,

I'm looking to put an Aimpoint T-1 on my 590A1. I came across the Picatinny rail below, and I'm a big fan of the LaRue Tactical mounts. I have a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone have experience with the Picatinny rail below?
2) With the LaRue Tactical Aimpoint T-1 mounts, they recommend the short mount for shotguns, anyone have experience as to if this will work well?
3) I'm a bit new to the shotgun world, and when I switch to the Aimpoint, I'll have to pull off the rear sight. Is it common to not run iron sights when running a red dot on a shotgun?

Thanks!

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=878283

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=149

51518.jpg

Re: Picatinny rail and Aimpoint mount for my 590A1.

Yes the mount will work. The sight will work as well. The problem with a shotgun and optics is the comb or drop of the stock. It is not contusive to running an optic because it is designed to be sighted down the receiver to the bead. So in other words the optic will be too high to comfortably get a field of view. This can be overcome by getting some way to raise your cheek weld. Some people just deal with it and stretch their neck out a little to get a field of view. I run a micro reflex and without a cheek riser I didn’t like it much and actually affected the “zeroing” because the sight ran out of adjustment as I was trying to adjust it so I could have a comfortable cheek weld….but for me it just wasn’t happening.
I think it is common not to have ghost rings or some sort of co witness on a shotgun……but not desirable to not have a backup. I keep two batteries and a tool to change them on the gun at all times…..not saying it is a good solution but its what I got

And welcome to the site

Back