• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

S&B #4 Buck and Centurian slugs

sumoj275

.270 WIN
My brother and I picked up some S&B #4 buck and Centurian slugs a few weeks back. Went to the range day before yesterday and in informal shooting both seemed to be as good or better than the Walmart bulk pack 12ga shells.

Lets put it this way, someone left a stump at the range and the slugs did some serious damage.

One day, I will shoot the ammo on paper but until then seeing things go into pieces is fun :D

I've tried the Centurion Ordnance brand of shotgun ammo called Rio Royal 12 guage 2 3/4" 9 pellet 00 Buck.

00BUCK.jpg

Centurion ammo is manufactured by Industrias TECNOS in Mexico. The plant was originally setup by Remington in 1961 and the Centurion staff trained by Remington.

...and the Sellier & Bellot 12 guage 2 3/4" 12 pellet 00 Buck. Both are good ammo for the money.

00BUCKSB.jpg

SHOOTER13 said:
I've tried the Centurion Ordnance brand of shotgun ammo called Rio Royal 12 guage 2 3/4" 9 pellet 00 Buck.

00BUCK.jpg

Centurion ammo is manufactured by Industrias TECNOS in Mexico. The plant was originally setup by Remington in 1961 and the Centurion staff trained by Remington.

...and the Sellier & Bellot 12 guage 2 3/4" 12 pellet 00 Buck. Both are good ammo for the money.

00BUCKSB.jpg
I'm getting some conflicting info from luckygunner.com, any thoughts?

Rio Royal Ammo Information

Rio Ammunition has been in business for over 100 years! Over the years, Rio Ammunition has strived to stay ahead of its competitors by designing new products and using the most advanced manufacturing technologies.

A truly global company, Rio Ammunition sells ammunition in over 80 countries and plans for continuous international growth long into the future! With a goal to become the market leader in each country, Rio Ammunition is committed to continuous research and development as well as striving to maintain a high level of efficiency.

Whether for hunting, training, or just practicing at the range, Rio Royal Ammunition is reliable, affordable, and effective!

Where Rio Royal Ammo Is Manufactured

Rio Royal ammunition is manufactured in Spain and has become more and more widely available in the U.S. market in recent months and years.

Centurion Ammo Information

Centurion Ammo is manufactured by Industrias Tecnos S.A. De C.V. who is known for developing the production technology used to manufacture 22 Long Rifle. Remington established Centurion Ammo in Mexico in 1961. Industrias Tecnos is well known for supplying quality ammunition and is currently sold under two well known brand names- Aguila Ammunition and Centurion Ammunition.

Centurion Ammunition has provided quality ammo to the military and police officers in Mexico for years. In addition to supplying firearms to the armed services in Mexico, Centurion Ammo also is a main ammo supplier for areas in the Middle East, South America, and Europe.

Where Centurion Ammo Is Manufactured

Centurion ammo is manufactured by Industrias TECNOS in Mexico. The plant was originally setup by Remington and the Centurion staff was partially trained by Remington.

Get some result on paper or some other target and get pics!!! :D As long as we can vissually gauge the effectiveness, I'll add it to the list of ammo reviews!

Rossignol said:
Get some result on paper or some other target and get pics!!! :D As long as we can vissually gauge the effectiveness, I'll add it to the list of ammo reviews!
LOL, you missed my point. SHOOTER13 stated that he tried some Centurion ammo called Rio Royal. Per Luckygunner.com they are two different companies.

Nah, I got all that but that discussion is neither here nor there for me! :D I like to see performance! ;)

Honestly, my mind is made up and settled performance wise, but I hope to compile as much data here on MO as possible for folks!

Mexico, or Spain... Centurion or Rio (which I thought was made in Brazil! :lol: ) no difference to me cuz I'm gonna buy American made ammo anyway, Federal FC, Hornady, and Winchester! :D

I do like the demos and evaluations though and always appreciate the time and effort folks put into the shooting and posting pics and info! ;)

Back