• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mosin Nagant

Re: Any Mosin Nagant fans??

I will check back around the 11th then. Hope they got one! I plan on putting on a red dot sight. Saw it in a youtube video and liked it...

I think for the reason of the bayonet ima wait til later or the m44. I dont want any chances i cant take it hunting.

I picked up another one the other day. This one has a spliced stock which is the first I have seen. From what I am hearing and reading it is one of very few that have been imported into the States.
Here is a few pics of the splice.
IMG_20110701_110342.jpg

IMG_20110701_110330.jpg

IMG_20110701_110318.jpg

And a pic of my Tula and Ishavesk marked 1938 rifles.
IMG_20110701_110425.jpg

Very nice!

That spliced stock is a first for me too. Nice find!

Been hunting around for a gopd deal. Pawn shop has a beat up 81/30 for $150, not for me. Lol. A couple places said they could order for $140 out the door. And a couple local army/navy surp has them in stock for $150. I did find one place that is out of stock, but told me he tried to keep them in, and sells for around $100. Thats more like it! So ima call back in a couple weeks, see if they got any in.

$100 in store isn't too shabby.

Even if you got one for $70 from Aim's you'd still have to pay the $25-$30 transfer fees. Just be sure to to inspect the bore/rifling for deep, clean grooves.

Happy huntin'

I checked j and g and one other (center fire systems i think) and it was $99 or so, but aftee $20 shipping, and $25 ffl fee, ita the same prive as my local army navy.

Im trting to patiently wait.. but if by this weekend that local place at $99 dont have any still, i might break down amd pay the $140 at the surplus store. I wanna get it before my wife spendsy gun money. Haha! i just keep thinking that if u can find it for $100~ in my hand. That other $40 is that much more ammo!

I too keep checking local stores for a good deal on a Mosin Nagant.

The dumbest mistake I ever made was selling one years ago. Best damned rifle I ever had and irreplaceable. If I knew then what I know now I would have kept it.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

DHonovich said:

Bout the only place I am seeing them now is at gun shows.

I have a 91/30 and an m44. The 91/30 has a monte carlo stock with added scope mounts. It has taken three pigs so far. The m44 is mostly for fun. I enjoy shooting both of them. The ammo I use is corrosive. After every session, I pour Windex into the barrel to neutralize the salts. The fire balls they make at dusk are awesome. :D

tnxdshooter said:
DHonovich said:

Bout the only place I am seeing them now is at gun shows.

There are still stockpiles of the 91/30s around here for $80-$100. The M44s and M38s are scarce though.

J.L. said:
I have a 91/30 and an m44. The 91/30 has a monte carlo stock with added scope mounts. It has taken three pigs so far. The m44 is mostly for fun. I enjoy shooting both of them. The ammo I use is corrosive. After every session, I pour Windex into the barrel to neutralize the salts. The fire balls they make at dusk are awesome. :D

Yes Sir,

Windex is a must have for my range trips wity the Nagants. Works like a charm!

I finally used my C&R license to purchase AIMSurplus' "black Friday" two-fer sale It consisted of a 91/30(most likely a round receiver) and an M44 for $220, My wife was very nice and let me pick up a case(two spam cans(880 rounds)) of ammo.

^^Good deal on a 91/30 and M44, I was gonna grab that one to. I did grab another 1943 91/30 last week and she is in real nice condition..

Nice fellas!

VERY good deal Vit! Be sure to post up some pics of the pair when you get 'em...

Can anyone help me identify this model for me for my BIL?

Its a ChiCom made Mosin with chinese markings on the receiver where the russian identifying marks would normally be. It also has the spliced furniture on the forend. I believe its a "Type 53"...

Ideally, he'd like to know rough production dates, if possible if it was ever issued into service, and an estimated value. I have serial numbers if needed!

mosin_rifle.jpg

mosin_sights.jpg

mosin_bayo1.jpg

mosin_bayo3.jpg

mosin_receiver.jpg

Here is a rub taken of those ChiCom marks;

mosin_markings1.jpg

That rub was taken from this part of the receiver;

mosin_markings2.jpg

Thanks everybody!!!

Hey Vit! Thanks, I see it now!!!

Damn, Vit beat me to it. I was just gonna post that same link. Nice work...

Back