• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Glock

DSC_0522.jpg

my happy 3 skulls :)

@shooter13 - tnx bro. it shoots fine :)

Over the years, have owned a 19, a 21, a 26, a 30, and a 36. All gone now, except the 19. Wife owns a 17. Liked all the others except the 36. About time to get another 26.

I think Glock does the 9mm genre best. Just my two cents. Wish I had owned the SF 21 and 30 models, but I had (and still have) 1911 disease. Love my Glock 19, and love my two 1911s.

Prediction: there is always speculation about what the next Glock will be, and I am convinced it will be a pocket 9mm, something to rival the Ruger LC9 and the Kimber Solo. I am not a pocket pistol guy, but those things are the hottest sellers at gun shows. Ruger will soon sell nothing but pocket guns and 1911s. While Glock is traditionally slow to bring out new stuff, they will not ignore the market trends. Anyone disagree?

Honestly, and this is just my opinion, the Glock 36 (.45 single stack) is the closest they'll ever get to a 'pocket rocket'. I don't see them giving up there classic design just to make something smaller. That's not really Glock's forte, or at least hasn't been in the past.

Gratz! I love my G19. Actually, assuming I can find the memory card today, I think I'll get some pictures of her with the new 500 to post.

BrazosCoTX said:
Over the years, have owned a 19, a 21, a 26, a 30, and a 36. All gone now, except the 19. Wife owns a 17. Liked all the others except the 36. About time to get another 26.

I think Glock does the 9mm genre best. Just my two cents. Wish I had owned the SF 21 and 30 models, but I had (and still have) 1911 disease. Love my Glock 19, and love my two 1911s.

Prediction: there is always speculation about what the next Glock will be, and I am convinced it will be a pocket 9mm, something to rival the Ruger LC9 and the Kimber Solo. I am not a pocket pistol guy, but those things are the hottest sellers at gun shows. Ruger will soon sell nothing but pocket guns and 1911s. While Glock is traditionally slow to bring out new stuff, they will not ignore the market trends. Anyone disagree?

I'd have to see that one to believe it.

With the overwhelming popularity of the G26 I don't see them trying to make anything smaller. The only real way to do that would be to make it a single-stack and I don't see anyone being willing to give up the capacity for a pistol that's a only a hair smaller.

Purchased the 19 today! We have a 72hr cool off though, so I have to wait till Tuesday :(

I don't really think I'll do any mods to the HG though...it might end up being a CCW at some point, so no need to bulk it up

If you're using it for a defensive gun I'd recommend some good night sights as the stock ones are not the easiest to use in low to no light situations. Other than that, the 19 is a good gun. Have fun with it.

I ended up removing it... It doesn't wear to well. Besides, I like the all black look.

But, I do love the 10-8 sights I installed!!!

Congrats on the new 19 !! ...( I like it blacked out too !! )

Oh, it is not new... Had it about a year. I love it!!!! I need to go shoot more though, I have only put 250rds through it... :-(

I see you were in the Navy...where were you stationed...what type ship ?!

My grandfather ( mothers side ) was a Senior Chief Petty Officer
seniorCPOE8.png
seniorCPOLAPEL.png

on board the USS Kidd DD-661...a Fletcher Class Destroyer ( Tin Can ) during WWII and Korea...

Got the PM...better than hijacking this thread...

Thanks for your service Bro !!

Back