• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SIG SAUER

Re: Got SIG?

Haha, great song!

I had the chance to handle one of these the oher day and uhm, it looks like all the folks who say Glocks are ugly will have a new whipping boy now. The pistol is VERY top-heavy and the grip is WAY too short to get any kind of solid hold. I can't imagine trying to hold onto it while firing. Can't be very comfortable at all...

I love Sigs. I regret making a Glock my first pistol purchase. I argued over Sig vs Glock for months and settled for Glock because of price. Don't get me wrong, I like my G19. I wish I would have bought the 226 or a 1911 Sig first. Next purchase after my 500 will be one or the other though. Probably the 226 ... then the 1911. I do have to say that the Mossy 464 is a nice looking rifle. To bad you can't hunt with high power rifles in Iowa. So many guns, so little money (or to many projects, however you want to look at it).

These guys are just a short trip down the road from me. I have been looking into using some of their academy classes for a few weeks now. I need to get down there and have a look. They are a bit on the pricey side, but good training is as worth the money as much as it is for the gun itself.

I haven't handled a P290, It does look quite small, I still liked my 9mm P250 sub compact(still love my Full Size), I would still be daily carrying it if I hadn't traded it for a .40S&W P226.

For the money, there has to be a equal if not better carry piece, I LOVE my Sig's but at close to $700 I'm sure I could get a nice piece and some ammo as well as some training.
Just a thought.

That's what made me buy the G19. For just over 800 I walked out of the store with the gun, a speed loader, a holster and mag holster, a cleaning kit, 2 sets of eye glasses, 3 sets of ear protection (2 muffs and a set of plugs), pack of targets and 200 rounds. Try that with the Sig's price tag, I dare ya.

I'm still wait'n to run across a P220 Elite Stainless. Was all set to order one back in February, but I ended up buying the SCAR instead.

Still, it will be mine. Oh yes, one day it will be mine...

My next SIG will be the P220 SAO...(it's been in my dreams).... Single Action 45 !!

SIGP220SAO.jpg

SPECS:

Caliber .45ACP
Action Type Single Action Only
Trigger Pull SA 5.0 lbs
Overall Length 7.10 in
Overall Height 5.50 in
Overall Width 1.50 in
Barrel Length 3.9 in
Sight Radius 5.70 in
Weight w/ Mag 30.4 oz
Mag Capacity 8 Rounds
Sights SIGLITE® Night Sights
Grips Black Polymer Factory Grips
Frame Finish Black Hard Anodized
Slide Finish Nitron®
Accessory Rail Yes
Features 5 lb SAO Trigger, Accessory Rail

SIGholesavatar.jpg

I finally got one. A P229 .40 with SIGLITE sites & a Hogue grip. Now I'm looking for a .357 barrel to add on. This is one fine shooting pistol! :D

004-25.jpg

003-22.jpg

Added photo of a custom leather holster I made a few days ago.
007-14.jpg

Real nice lookin' piece, insaneranger...

Likin' them Hogue grips.

It's hard to beat a SIG for outta the box accuracy !!

Very nice ranger!

Now let's see some targets in the pistol range results thread...

Picked up a Sig 220 with the 45 acp slide and .22lr conversion kit the other day. My brother had bought it and it was just not working for him, and I shoot it pretty good. I am not sure but I have a feeling that the Sig will become my new backpack pistol and the conversion kit will add some versatility.

Anyone have any wood grips for their Sigs?

This is my old school (no accessory rail) mid 80's stainless P226, it was a pre owned gun. I have been shooting it for about 5 years and it has never had any problems. When I bought it I got a call from Sig offering me the chance to purchase some 18 round magazines that sit flush in the gun so I bought 5 mags. This is the gun I take to 4 day shooting classes where we go thru 1000 rounds. I never clean it when I go to these trainings and it still has not given me any problems (I do clean it after the class).

This is what is was like 5 years ago, overall in great shape. It must of been a police officers gun in a tiny town as it did not look like it was used much.

IMG_1698.jpg

I then added some G10 grips from mil-tac.com, something a little different from the ordinary.
IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

This is what it looks like now after a little personalization to the appearance, springs and internals are still unchanged. Cerekote sniper grey and norrels black moly resin on the dustcover and controls (hammer, slide release, trigger, etc).

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

That upgrade really changed the looks...well done !

Very nice lateck...!!

How do you like the .357 Sig !? ...heard alot of good things about the round...yet it's one of those calibers I don't own....yet.

Other then the price of ammo, I like the 357SIG round.
Stiff recoil and a sound that EVERY body hears.

I also have a .40S&W barrel for my 239 for price and fun.
I have a barrel (357) for my P226 (and 9 mm) for my P226, too.

Lateck,

Very nice fellas!

I've gotta get on board here. Already dedicated my upcoming tax refund to a P220 Elite Stainless.

Back