• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wal-Mart Bulk Pack shells

Just beaware that some of the ammo will at times stick, the ejector will not catch used ammo because of the cheap material used at walmart.

^ So far no issues with the Federal...but yes, the Win birdshot sucks...I won't ever buy it again

EAINC said:
yeah it happened to me with the winchester target load.

I personally have had zero issues with the Winchester target loads like the AA in the grey hull. I have only bought the 100 round bulk pack once, but no issues there either.

You can get good prices on ammo at gun shows also. I got 50 rounds of ammo for the less than what they wanted for 20 rounds in the store. might want to check one out.

This isn't an endorsement of any of these, but I will offer comments. If one doesn't have a problem with online shopping, I suggest always checking ammunitiontogo.com for 12 ga buck - they sometimes have good deals on Federal, which is my choice.
Also, if you're around TX there are a group of stores called Academy (home base Houston) that have pretty good prices on lots of ammo. And they have a website Academy.com (I got 25 rd box Fed 71/2 'Game & Target Load' $4.99 regularly $5.19 in the store)
And finally Walmart is pretty good too for basic ammo, but I find their prices on specialty ammo a little high. And the Wal close to me doesn't have bulk ammo - biggest box is 25 rds of birdshot.
I only buy new ammo, guess I might do some gun show stuff, but sure wouldn't trust my life with it - usually never know how old it is or how it's been stored or handled.

everything ive heard or read on the bulk pack is they are loaded hot enough to cycle the dirtiest of automatics. they may pattern OK. they will kick hard. Just depends on what you find as acceptable.

Back