• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Putting designs on a synthetic stock...

Thinking of adding some kind of personal design to the Hogue 12" LOP stock I have on the 590A1 so my question is what would be the best route? I've seen a few pics around the forums of people with designs such as the Molon Labe logo and what not on their stocks and thought that would be something I'd like to do but I don't think I read what steps they did to complete the task. So I'd like to ask what you did, if you have such a design on any synthetic stocks of firearms you own or are familiar with the process for a little advice or pointing of a finger in the right direction.

And some more pics to show me for inspiration never hurt either....

I just don't want to make a stencil and use a can of spray paint or a sticker that will rub off after getting some range time, want it to hold up and look good. I've done paint jobs on metal and plastic computer cases and what not, but I've never done one on synthetic rubber so I'm clueless.

You may have seen mine around the board...

These are all the shields from the last round of Mossberg Owners vinyl decals. The top two, 590 and 590A1, are both sport'n Hogue 12" LOP stocks. I run my shotguns pretty hard and all four decals are still hangin on like the day I applied them...

Matter of fact I do recall yours being one of the ones I've seen but I think it happen to be in a picture or two with your rig. I like those shields and have seen several around the net that are on the wish list I just wasnt sure how decal adhesive would bond on the rubber. Good to know someone has had some success using decals!

I like decals because they're relatively cheap, simple to apply, and easily removed if your tastes change or you just get tired of them. Just make sure the stocks are good 'n clean before you apply the decals and they shouldn't give you any issues. Denatured alcohol works best...

Probably wouldn't work with a rubber overmold stock, but if you have any local trophy shops near you, laser engraving works really well with wood and plastic and metal.

Back