• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Most Complimentary Sidearm

Just added this SIG Sauer P229 in .40 to my rotation. Next will come a .357 barrel to go along with it.

005-19.jpg

003-22.jpg

Nice looking .357 ya got there...

What rounds are in the moon clips ?

Actually the rounds in the moon clips are Hornady XTP 125 grain .357s. I have some Gold Dots and Hornady CDs as well. Im still figuring out what loads my gun likes best, then I'll be loading that most often.

to me the best choice is something reliable, that you're good with, and since my 6 shot 590a1 is my primary, has the most firepower in terms of number of rounds to buy time until the bad guys decide "wow... This really isn't worth it", which I assume would occur 15 minutes before the authorities would arrive.

Like an earlier poster, I have my full size Smith M&P 9 with which I can put a full clip of 17 in a grouping no bigger than my hand at 25 yards (under timed, but not life threatening stress).

Well for me it is a M&P 45 ACP with 10 rounds of the old Black Talon that I bought before they took it off the market, or I did hear that they just changed the name. With a Streamlight TLR-2 hangin on it, just my way of sayin HELLO and SMILE to the BG's.

I like Sigs too...!!

My "JJ"...1988 West German P226. Just put a new Wolff spring package in...

SIGSAUERP226.jpg

It seems that I'm joining in late for this party, but I'd take a Beretta 92G Vertec in 9mm. Sure wish they still made them.

oli700 said:
although I own a couple of blackhawks I use this Ruger
IMG_0064.jpg

Wow Oli. Small world.

I thought I was the only one who'll still carry the P85 because they're not the coolest tacticalest or newest piece of tupperware out there?

Seriously, it's my all around beater gun. Wish I had a nickel for every mile that pistol and I have traveled together.

RugerP85MKIIbrushedstainless003.jpg

When I'm out and about, that gun isn't usually too far out of reach.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFsS7qswnBI[/youtube]

When I'm home, I have an XD40 that sleeps beside my bed. I've done a lot of work to personalize it for my shooting style, but I am very confident with it.

centermass_and_one_for_good_measure.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCcFwtfVEc0[/youtube]

Back