• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What's your beverage of choice?

Just chillin' with a bucket of Rocks right now...

BUCKETOFROCKS.jpg

From 1939 until 2006, Rolling Rock was brewed at the Latrobe Brewing Company in Pennsylvania. The final batch of Rolling Rock was shipped from Latrobe on July 31, 2006, after being purchased by Aheuser-Busch in May of the same year.

The number 33 is printed prominently on all bottles of Rolling Rock. A widely-held belief is that it marks the repeal of prohibition in 1933. However, still others think the "33" signifies the 33 words in the beer's original pledge of quality, which is still printed on every bottle: "Rolling Rock - From the glass lined tanks of Old Latrobe, we tender this premium beer for your enjoyment as a tribute to your good taste. It comes from the mountain springs to you." The original wording on the label was somewhat different: "A little nip from the glass lined tanks of Old Latrobe. We tender this package as a premium beer for your delight and economical use. It comes from the mountain springs to you". This was followed by the "33". The original pledge is on the 12 oz. bottles, while the "little nip" pledge is from the 7 oz. bottle version.

A founding executive is said to have written "33" at the end of the slogan to indicate the number of words it comprised as a guide for the bottle printers. However, they thought it was part of the text and incorporated it into the label graphics. Hence, the first batch of bottles carried the number "33" and they remained that way since they were continually collected and reused. This tradition has been sustained by the company as the wording on the labels has changed over the years, and the verbiage is carefully structured to retain a length of 33 words.

Many have speculated on the significance of the number 33, even that the "33" refers to the year the Pittsburgh Steelers (who have their team practices in Latrobe) were founded. It has also been suggested that 33 degrees is the proper temperature to keep beer.

Original_Rolling_Rock_Bottle-1.jpg

...and now ya know !!

that was one of lifes great mysteries. not anymore....gee thanx shooter.....now i gotta ponder about something else.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nothin' like a little folklore to while-away the summer daze... :cool:

RayRay said:
I'm a beer guy but I've recently started drinking Titos and Soda with a lemon!

It’s made in small batches in an old fashioned pot still by Tito Beveridge (actual name), a 40-something Geologist, and distilled six times.

funny.

how is the vodka?

I like beer. I like the taste, and especially ICE COLD!!! I'm not very exoctic or adventurous. I dont like getting drunk. I really just thoroughly enjoy a crisp, ice cold beer like after work or when grilling. I like getting home and sitting down out back in the setting sun with a beer and a smoke.

My favorites are Sam Adams, like the "Black Lager" some of the seasonal stuff and of course the original.

Sam Adams Black Lager.
10421e2c-3ac8-4ad2-a573-a61714f88484.jpg

I also like Bass, Killians, a couple of Mexican beers like Bohemia and Negra Modelo, and theres the ever popular Budweiser.

bloody cesar...i never knew the name of my favorite drink untill now. i looked it up on google and after reading what's in it, i said hey that's my recipe!!! dag nabit. i swear i came up with this in california in 1993. i saw clamato on the shelf of vons and used it instead of tomato because i wanted to spice it up.....

after serving it to friends of mine they came up with the name bloody mule. my nickname out there was mule. (long story)

and just think, i thought it was original.

jacques, I can drink Coke room temperature! I'll drink a warm Coke over anything else!!!

Crystal light for this guy...I have never touched a bit of alcohol so I am boring when it comes to favorite drink...

For me you just can't beat a fresh brewed glass of iced tea with a nice lemon wedge from the tree in the yard. Well I do enjoy a nice micro brew as well.

On the non alcohol side, its coffee or coca cola, all day long till I get home, then its a little more coffee and later milk.

Now at work, its been danged hot. About 115 deg. on top of the tank I'm building right now. I've gone through more than a gallon of water in a single day plus a couple bottles of gatorade or powerade. Thats only when its as hot as it has been though.

My EDD is Yuengling Beer, although I like Heineken, Sam Adams, Guinness and Blue Moon too. Hence the forum name.

In the winter I like a Southern Comfort Manhattan and when it’s snowing up north, I’ll have a bloody Mary or a Guinness Bloody Mary in support of all my friends and family shoveling.

All beverages go better in the hot tub.

Cheers!

Ya might not Doc...look at whats in it...can't be good for a growing guy :lol:

"The ingredients for this new Crystal Light Mojito Mocktail Drink include: Citric Acid, Maltodextrin, Aspartame* and Acesulfame Potassium (Sweeteners), Sugar**, Magnesium Oxide, Contains Less than 2% of Natural Flavor, Yellow 5, Blue1. Gluten Free

*Phenylketonurics: contains Phenylalanine

**Adds a trivial amount of sugar"

Whaaaatttt ?! :eek:

when its time to put the belt on the big pully I bring out the Makers Mark or Templeton Rye

otherwise cold beers of almost any flavor

Back