• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

464 Marinecote Purchasing Advice

Hello from Nova Scotia!

I'm currently looking at at 464 (actually, a couple of them)....and I'm wondering if anyone who has a 464 30.30 with the fibre optics and marinecote finish would tell me how they like their rifle? I'm still shopping different models, but I don't feel comfortable rolling the dice on a new Marlin (Remington), or the used Winchesters that I have seen. If you have a 464, please share your thoughts. Thanks very much.

Shawn

I don't have a 464, but Welcome to the Forum!!

I have a 464 spx, not marincotte. It's a great rifle. Shoots all ammo I put in it. It has an option to add a rail and sight. I've never shot other lever actions, but I love mine.

Thanks Guys! I'm seriously sniffing around a 464....both the blued and the marinecote versions. I think that I'm leaning toward the marinecote, as I think it'll lend itself well to the conditions both here in Nova Scotia and in Northern Ontario where I grew up (and plan to retire back to). ... someday, hah! Hey, has anyone ever seen the 464 Brush gun? Grey stock, marinecote, etc? Cheers.

Thanks Guys! I'm seriously sniffing around a 464....both the blued and the marinecote versions. I think that I'm leaning toward the marinecote, as I think it'll lend itself well to the conditions both here in Nova Scotia and in Northern Ontario where I grew up (and plan to retire back to). ... someday, hah! Hey, has anyone ever seen the 464 Brush gun? Grey stock, marinecote, etc? Cheers.
Check out the picture gallery. I seen a few for sure.

Marinecote is pretty tough. I have an old 590 Marinecote shotty ('89), and it still looks like brand new. You'd do well to get your 464 with that finish. :)

I own one... :):D
It is a pussycat to shoot. Got mine through Davidson's Online Gallery. I like the fire sites but I do have it scoped (with see through rings).
I also own a couple of Marlins (.44 & .357 1894's) and I feel the two brands are equal (IMO).

I would buy another Mossberg in a heart beat if I needed another rifle.

Lateck,

Back