• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Finding out who has a gun

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
One of the sharper members of the MS gun community discovered an intersting oversight in a recently passed law. Y'all might want to check in your state for the same thing.

In case you didn't know, you can buy the names and addresses of everyone in the state that has a hunting & fishing license for $145 on the Wildlife, Fisheries & Parks website https://www.ms.gov/mdwfp/public_record/.

I just sent my reps an e-mail asking them to sponsor a bill during the next session to fix this. This is no different than selling the names and addresses of firearms permit holders that the legislature changed in 2013 with HB 485. I hope others bring this to their reps attention in case mine do nothing about it.

It is truly amazing and scary the amount of information available on us that we are totally unaware is out there.

Should be unlawful to begin with. That has nothing to do with FOIA.

DMV doesn't release the names and addresses of Ferrari and Lamborghini owners that go through their offices even if you provide them with a license plate number. This should be no different.

DMV doesn't release the names and addresses of Ferrari and Lamborghini owners that go through their offices even if you provide them with a license plate number. This should be no different.

Oh, contraire...our dealership "bought" the names and addresses of all Harley owners within 50 or so miles so they could send out flyers. The DMV pimps out licensee info...if you have the $$$, they have the info.

In Texas, they made it illegal to share CHL information and weapon ownership information outside of law enforcement.

But they will sell lists of names and addresses for solicitation purposes (at least in MI), not sure of they include make/model or not.

Back