• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Forends

Re: Will a 500 forend fit on a 590A1?

Yes, it is laundry day, but my sheets are black and pics don't come out well.

DSCI0002.jpg

DSCI0001.jpg

DSCI0003.jpg

For when the apocalypse cometh
DSCI0007.jpg

I would want a bigger bed for the apocalypse but if its just you I guess thats cool

oli700 said:
I would want a bigger bed for the apocalypse but if its just you I guess thats cool

:lol:

oli700 said:

That's a queen size mattress. I'm single, but the bed sleeps 2-3 just fine.

au01st said:
oli700 said:

That's a queen size mattress. I'm single, but the bed sleeps 2-3 just fine.

:eek:

What? I may not be IN college as of May 2010, but I still live in an awesome college town, lol. You know southern belles love a guy who can kill/cook his own food.

Wood Forend for the 590A1?

I'm used to shooting the 870 Police Magnum with a wood forend. I like the feel of wood forends. However, when I handle the Mossberg 590A1, the plastic forend feels a tad too short and a tad too slick. What is a good wood forend to put on a 590A1?

Re: Wood Forend for the 590A1?

If you can find the police style ribbed forends for the 500 and wood stock, it will work and! It will look SWEET!!!

I'd check with Havlin Sales;
Modern Mossberg Shotgun Parts

They have the ribbed forend for the long action tube in stock (make sure your action tube will match!) They have pics on the site for measuring your action tube, but I'm quite certain its the long action tube.

The one in particular on the site is unfinished or has a dull finish. They have stocks, but nothing matched. If youre handy at all, it can be an easy thing to refinish.

Thank you for the reply. I guess an alternative might be to stipple the plastic forend. Does anyone do this? It seems to me that the part of the forend closest to you (the unribbed part) needs to have a grippier finish to it. It seems that, in the heat of the moment, one might grab it and the hand might slip off. Does anyone around here stipple these?

I have seen it done but havent done it myself. Takes a while and there is no taking it back if you screw it up

One of our members once stippled a Surefire forend. Its pretty much a "home made" thing. And as Oli mentioned, once done its there forever, good or bad.

I have the original wood furniture off my 500 that may work for you.
54244.jpg

I'm going to DuraCoat it Tactical Black for practice DuraCoating stippled surfaces. I could probably let it go to you pretty cheap. The only issue is I have the shorter action tube assembly and I believe the 590 has the longer one. If you can figure that out for sure (which one you have) and it matches up I'm sure we could work something out.

Conny Miller said:
Would something like this fit on a 590A1?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =246218021

Or this?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=246575507

The second one for sure! It mentions being for the longer action tube. The first is unclear, and like the pic posted by Sneaky, his is the short action tube forend.

Double check your 590A1, look at the forend nut, measure back to the end of the tube. Its easy enough to do with out the barrel on there. My 590A1 is the longer one, but doesnt hurt to double check! :D If your measurement is close, we'll know! ;)

If you want something with more grip, check out the Hogue forends. I have one on my 590 and it's awesome. It's plastic with a rubberized coating, fit perfectly, and looks great on the gun. It's almost too much grip with bare hands.

au01st said:
If you want something with more grip, check out the Hogue forends. I have one on my 590 and it's awesome. It's plastic with a rubberized coating, fit perfectly, and looks great on the gun. It's almost too much grip with bare hands.

I couldnt agree more on this! If your heart isnt set on the wood furniture of course... I use the Houge furniture on my guns and couldnt be happier! Its also available in different colors. The Hogue would be at a significantly higher cost vs the wood however.

Back