• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Scopes, Rings, and Bases

Re: SPX TACTICAL SCOPE?

How about using the XS Sights rail. With it you should be able to use a red dot sight on it. That is what I plan on using on mine. God Bless :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9szECox3YDo[/youtube]

Re: SPX TACTICAL SCOPE?

Haven't seen that. That's awesome!! Thanks

They call me Sharpie.....I leave permanent marks baby!!!

night optics

Who has tried the night vision monoculars or scopes? I was wondering how effective they really are out 100-200 yds. We have(I think)feral hogs starting to show up in an area about 150 yds from the house, but only after dark. I'd like to be able to scope 'em from the porch, but never used an IR device before.

Just wondering if what the listings for them claim is fairly accurate. I'm looking at a Yukon 4x50 that says the IR illuminator has a range of 100m.

All comments & opinions welcome.

Jeff

Re: picatinney rail for my new 464

lateck said:
I am using the Weaver's... (403)
One reason there is no long one piece rail is that the Mossberg's ejection is like the Winchecter almost right out of the top. Un-like Marlins..... :cool:

I looked around (some ;) ) and did not find any long rails.....

Welcome, too.

Lateck,
Lateck what kind of scope rings are those on your 464

Andrew, are there any updated on the single rail for the 464 SPX Tactical? Mine arrived a few days ago and I have been searching the web trying to find a singel P-rail so I would put a red dot sight on it. Thanks man.

Thanks for all the useful info guys. I have added the 403 (2) Weaver rails to my Amazon cart, but my question is what scope mounts is everyone using? Does anybody use see thru so you can use the awesome sites that come with the 464 Spx? I would like to use the stock sites for close range along with a scope set around 50-100. Any info would be appreciated.

Sorry for the lack of response so far.

The 464 sub-forum isn't the busiest section around here, but we do have a few owners who check in on a regular basis. Give it some time and I'm sure someone will chime in with some help...

I found that buying a scope mount confusing. I looked at Weaver and found the 403 showed up as two short rails and again with a long rail matched with a short one. Brownells didn't have bases for the 464 but had ones that fit the Win 94 and would work. I passed. I ordered a pair from Kwiksite. I'll know in a few days.

eeemaster, sorry for not repling to your question.
They are Kwik-Site Stainless Steel See-Thru Mount For Weaver KS202S
I got them through OpticPlanet. I can use the factory sights, but with a little view obstruction.

Lateck,

KINGDUDE17 said:
Thanks for all the useful info guys. I have added the 403 (2) Weaver rails to my Amazon cart, but my question is what scope mounts is everyone using? Does anybody use see thru so you can use the awesome sites that come with the 464 Spx? I would like to use the stock sites for close range along with a scope set around 50-100. Any info would be appreciated.
I do not have the SPX but the William's Fire sights on my 464 are usable with Kwik-Site Stainless Steel See-Thru Mount For Weaver KS202S (with the 403 base).

Sorry for not seeing this so mush sooner.

Lateck,

I received my Kwiksite mounts in the mail. They fit and I had no trouble mounting a scope. Unfortunately, the mounts are too tall to use the factory sights. This set-up will work through deer season.

I have a Nikon 3-9x40 I'm going to try & mount on the 464. I just ordered a pair of 403 bases & I already have a set of rings. The rings are pretty high, looks like they stand off about an inch(Millett DT00706). I'll report back after the Weaver bases come in.

The Millett rings were the wrong size for my scope, so they went back & I have another(correct)set from Millett & a shorter set from Tasco. My original intention was to put a scope on my old Winchester 290 .22 plinker, but I wanted the option of moving it over to the 464. Now I have all the parts to do it.....here's the scope mounted on the 290....

It has the Millett rings on a dovetail to weaver rail adapter. It has a nice feel to it...can't wait to try it! Here is the 464 with a pair of Weaver 403 bases & the Tasco rings mounted.....

The Tasco rings are a bit shorter, but it looks like they will work on either rifle.

For you 464 owners out there who wish to mount a scope on your rifle, per Mossberg customer service, the recommended base is the Weaver 403. That's the front base for Winchester '94 angle-eject rifles. You'll need two 403 bases for the 464. Do not get the rear angle-eject base, just two of the fronts and you're good to go.

I've ordered mine from Midwayusa.com and will mount a BSA 2.5 X 20 long eye relief scope and let everyone know how it works out as soon as I can get to the range. This particular BSA is an inexpensive ($40-50) fixed power scope that I've had for years. It should be fine for most deer or wild hog hunting situations. It's only a hair over seven inches long and very light and shouldn't detract from the 464's superb "brush gun" characteristics.

Have a Quick Question.
I was weighing my options for mounts for my ZMB and had settled on a Weaver 403 on the rear & a scout rail on the front. (2) 403's would limit me to just rings & a scope and a scout rail alone would limit how far back a scope could be mounted. (It's just a personal preference thing)
But then I stumbled across the Redfield Aluminum mounting system for the 464. At 1st glance, it looked PERFECT for what I wanted...

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/3-093057

But when I cross reference the P/N
it comes up with a different pic of (2) short bases.
Is there anyone out there with experience with the Redfield 464 mount?
Hope the link showed up.
Thanks in advance ;-)

Last edited:
Never mind everybody. The Redfield folks got in touch with me via EMAIL. They informed me that they had used a stock photo for the base set & that the Actual bases that you will receive are two small equal size bases. Still, a Great price but....Not what I had in mind. T/Y guys

Wow...talk about a delayed reply!
I bought Kwik-Site wide open rings, #KS-464. I wanted to be able to use the open sites for 15-80 yard hunting of hogs, coyotes & deer. I did add a raised comfort pad for a good cheek weld when using my 71-3434 CABELA'S Lever Action Riflescope. Works wonderfully for me & have harvested game & pests from 10-400 yards & find the 160gr Hornady Leverevolution ammo to the perfect companion to this setup!

Back