• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

XS Sights

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
XS Sights Banded Standard Dot Tritium Set For Mossberg 500

XS Sights Banded Standard Dot Tritium Set For Mossberg 500 will be available in approximately 2-3 weeks.

shotgun2.jpg

* NEW 24/7 Tritium Stripe front sight provides enhanced sight visibility in Day Light, Half-Light and Low-Light.
* Standard Dot Tritium front sight for general use to intermediate ranges.
* Easy install/no gunsmithing Banded Standard Dot Tritium front sight for Mossberg shotguns that don’t have a front sight base.
* Trijicon® Tritium vials.
* White Stripe Post for hunting.

Re: XS Sights Banded Standard Dot Tritium Set For Mossberg 5

This is good news! I have been waiting somewhat patiently for this for some time now. Now I know what I'm getting as a late birthday present.

Yep! I like em too!

Anyone use these? Was looking at the site and they look like they'd be nice to have on my Glock 19.

I haven't tried a set yet.

Well I read a few (more like 50'ish) reviews last night and here is what I got. They're great for defensive carry, but if you're interested in doing any paper slaying stay away from them. I may pick up a set for the next pistol we get, which will be defensive only, but my G19 is soon gonna be part of a 3-gun setup. I wanna get into some shooting games. :D

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Well I read a few (more like 50'ish) reviews last night and here is what I got. They're great for defensive carry, but if you're interested in doing any paper slaying stay away from them. I may pick up a set for the next pistol we get, which will be defensive only, but my G19 is soon gonna be part of a 3-gun setup. I wanna get into some shooting games. :D

I'm not a fan of their pistol sights (for me the shallow-v of the rear sight is not distinct enough compared to a notch-and-post sight picture. The only sight I would be interested in would be the Ruger LCR front sight dot. For other guns (Glock, M&P, et.c) I think there are much better choices out there. Having said that, the ghost ring setup for the shotgun is a different bird, though. Much longer sight radius and an AR-15 style sight picture (rear ghost ring, front post/tritium dot) is perfect for me.

Mossberg Blackwater XS sights shoot low.

I maxed out the elevation of my rear sight and can't get the POI up more the about 4 inches low at 50 yards with a Winchester 2/34 inch slug. The XS front sight has a very thick blade and would not give a very good sight picture if I filed it. I've emailed XS without a response.

I have a vortex sparc on the way that's going to sit ontop of it, but I like to use my irons as well. Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Re: Mossberg Blackwater XS sights shoot low.

If your front sight is removable you could replace the front sight blade.

Hi Infected, Welcome to Mossberg Owners!!!

Well, those particular sights wont work with the Mossberg. XS does make sights that do work, but involve gunsmithing and possibly refinishing.

What model do you have? We may be able to find something that works for you! I'm also gonna find another topic and link it up here... gimme just a sec! ;)

Here ya go!
Tritium Replacement For 3 Dot Sights?

This thread deals with tritium night sights, but it may give you some ideas and a way to narrow down your search, and if you see something you like, we can also help find it! There is also a section, a subforum, called "Optics" which may help your search.

Appreciate it Rossi! Thats a bummer though, I was dead set on those sights. XS makes good products, I just got some of their sights on my Glock 32C. I'm real happy with the outcome......so far, haven't been able to shoot it yet.

Youre welcome, and no problem!

What model is it that you have and what kind of sights are on it now? Just bead sight, or rifle sights? Fiber optic?

I know we can find something that works and looks awesome at the same time!!! ;)

Rossignol said:
Youre welcome, and no problem!

What model is it that you have and what kind of sights are on it now? Just bead sight, or rifle sights? Fiber optic?

I know we can find something that works and looks awesome at the same time!!! ;)

I have a 590 and I'm running bead sights right now. Any suggestions are welcome.

Ahhhh, I see.

There is little you can do in the way of upgrading sights without purchasing another barrel or having work done to your barrel, which would also require refinishing. There are place like AIMPRO, whom I would trust thoroughly to refinish the barrel, as well as Vang Comp. Both can add sights, and one of things AIMPRO does that I really like is the rail section at the muzzle of the barrel. From there you can use flip up sights front and rear on the same plane, like the Magpul MBUS or Troy Battle/Micro Sights, as well as an optic such as a red dot or holo sight. You could even co witness with the front sight if you were to go with a standard set of BUIS or flip ups.

Ok, so it may be less expensive to replace the barrel and go with a rifle sight model that uses front and rear dovetailed sights. That opens up a few options for sights including tritium.

Otherwise, (the least expensive route) is to replace the bead. Thats the route I chose and I replaced my factory bead with the Meprolight tritium. It has a slightly higher profile than the factory so it requires holding a little higher on your target.

There may be other ideas out there...

Back