• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Neat Center Mass laser

Stag1

.270 WIN
This looks like a pretty cool laser for shotguns. They also have a smaller one that is made for pistols but would work great on a shotgun.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zc-LKchsGU[/youtube]

Pretty neat isnt it? I just ordered a laserlyte tri rail for my 500 SPX. That would be neat to put on it.

I was wondering if my post smelled, as it was visited 16 times with no comments....LOL Thanks for making me feel better W.M :)

The red laser is way cheaper and still functional for the shotty.... you sir have piqued my interest :)

Dont worry about the views. This board has more peekers than speakers :mrgreen:

Holy crap!!! That is an awesome idea. Great find stag!

Thanks, I thought is was cool how it showed kinf of what the shot patern would be like at a certian distance.

I still wanted the predator laser.

But only as a novelty.

I suppose there is nothing wrong with doing this with a laser, but you can also do it with a tac light.

The light beam also gets wider the farther you move back.

And thus one of my favorite sayings. If it's lit, it's hit.

crstrode said:
less than worthless.

In a stressful situation the multiple dots will often result in a miss.

Actually, I disagree with that. I think it would increase your chance of a hit. But, your mileage will very like anything else.

Hey guys, I was looking at the LaserLyte center mass as well. Has anybody used it or know somebody that has? I'm really curious as to how visible the dots are when used in the dark with a forend mounted light. Not sure how lasers in general are when used with a light so.. I contacted LaserLyte and the response I got was "Additionally I cannot provide an accurate estimate when used with another light source as conditions vary so greatly." - Okay, fair enough. Anybody have a perspective on it.

The estimate on the shot spread seems like a good effort toward minimizing collateral damage. I've been leaning toward a reflex sight, but if I was going to go laser - this would be it.

I have an old ITAC-WLL1 laser/light combo. Can't speak for brighter lights, but the laser dot on mine is clearly visible against the 130 lumen light when indoors with the room lights on...

Good stuff - thanks. Lasers/Sights are a little down the mod list, but when the time comes, I think it's going to be this guy.

I used have a red laser mounted on my 590A1 shotgun. Once I got it zeroed it worked very well. But after 30 or 40 shots I had to zero it again. I also had to re-zero the laser again when I took it off for cleaning. It was too much trouble so I just keep a Streamlight TLR-1s on it now.

I've heard mostly good things about the TLR-1.

My guess is the center mass should hold up since it's designed for a shotgun, but of course, would prefer somebody's experience...If it comes to it, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Back