• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Vang Comp, Mossberg

There was a Rookie on the PD I worked for who thought because a .45 slug can be seen under certain light conditions, that he could "probably dodge one."
He was promptly nicknamed The Dodger, didn't pass his FTO period, moron.

Here is the safety, never had a problem with the stock one but I splurged. Nicer then the stock safety in every way. Works a little smoother then stock and offers a little more surface but what I like the best is the traction …..It’s like velcro to my thumb.

Here are some shots of the Vang oversized safety compared to the stock plastic safety.

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

I like it too... might need one. But I really dont. But I really want one!

My stock safety is hard to operate at times. Not so much I would need two hands, but hard enough I have to put a good amount of pressure behnd it. Does this safety hell with that?

It is smoother than the stock plastic/steel plate set up of the 500. The detents on the back look like they have a tiny bit of radius on them. Either that or it offers a little more leverage and thumb traction......or all of the above.......it is not OMG this is the best thing I ever bought for my gun, but I feel it was a good purchase

Here is a short video with no commentary and no music! Its a comparisson of muzzle flash between my 590A1 VCS barrel and 500 Persuader without VCS. In the video I use 3 different loads;
1 Federal full power rifled slugs
2 Federal TruBall low recoil rifled slugs
3 Winchester Super X full power 00 buck

After each segment of shots fired, I've included pics of the muzzle flash from each the 590A1 and 500 Persuader!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46inwXivvBs[/youtube]

Still to come will be video of shot pattern density compared to previously gathered data without the VCS using 3 loads which have been documented as well as a few others. I'll be using the Federal FliteControl (LE132) 9 pellet low recoil, Hornady TAP 8 pellet low recoil, Winchester Super X 9 pellet full power, Remington 27 pellet #4 buck, and Remington "Special Purpose" BB steel shot.

Nothing less than stellar results....the rabbit is so cool but I would rather have what looks like about 50% reduction in MF of the VCS barrel…oh wait I do :cool:

:lol: The rabbit thing was weird to see, Just happened to be the shot I pulled for pics!

Yeah, I'd say about 50% reduction, and rather than being the bright white flash, its a lesser red colored flash.

I anticipate the reduced flash and obviously gasses being ported upwards will translate to reduced recoil/less muzzle climb... What I really wanna see are the denser patterns with all loads, even off the shelf stuff from WalMart.

I do have a short video of Allison firing the 590A1 with the VCS to upload yet too.

Rossignol said:
What I really wanna see are the denser patterns with all loads, even off the shelf stuff from WalMart.

Works without a doubt, if it works on Rio/Royal it will work on anything. Rio lead is as soft as it gets and there is no buffer or cup

Good deal, cant wait!

Heres the video of Allison!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNq_Pv-aKUY[/youtube]

cute kid, I like to think if I had a daughter she would like to shoot, ride and hunt. I know my son did till he grew up and forgot who I was :lol: Was cool though I was young (19) when he was born so we played hard as he grew up

Oli, My kids dont always care too much for me either! :lol:

Thanks John! I have been stockin up on some ammo I wanna try out on my next outing!

We have the usual suspects;
00 buck,
1. Federal LE Flite Control 9 pellet low recoil (LE132) 1145 FPS
2. Hornady TAP LE VersaTite 8 pellet low recoil 1100 FPS
3. Winchester Super X 9 pellet full power 1325 FPS

and new to try in 00 buck,
4. Winchester Ranger LE 9 pellet low recoil 1145 FPS

in #4 buck,
5. Remington Express 27 pellet full power 1325 FPS

"BB" steel shot
6. Remington SPBB "Special Purpose" full power (I'm unsure of the velocity)

7. 7 1/2 target/bird shot
Winchester AA Super Handicap Heavy Target Load 1250 FPS
Winchester Super Target Heavy Target Load 1200 FPS

I have got some different results with the Flight Control then most people.
This is 2 shots taken at 25 yards through the Vang Comp barrel.
Seeing what other people have patterned it looks a little wide.
This is the first time I shot LE132……..This is a true 25 yards, I hope everyone is measuring true yards out.
The targets were one on top of the other because I was going to do 50 as well but no way IMO would the ammo do it so I shot both at 25.
Also I shot at the bottom target with the second shot but it appears to have hit high. The wierd thing is this is the only shot I took all day that wasnt off hand. It was sitting so I know I was steady.

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

Back