• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Vote for your favorite pocket-size survival kit.

Whose Pocket Survival Kit do you like best?

• VitSports6

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • ripjack13

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great looking kits there guys. If I had been here earlier I would have got mine out and taken some pics for you.

This is what I have a lot of the time. The big blade will vary from a Busse B-11 (ll” blade), Scrap Yard Dog Father LE (9ish” blade), or a Scrap Yard Dog Father Combat Grade (9ish” blade). The kit is carried in a Lost Mountain Iron Works sheath in a poor mans Baldric style (basically a rifle case strap connected to the sheath). Two Altoids can—one with fire making material and fishing kit, the other with first aid stuff. On the Kydex insert I have paracord and rubber bands. On the sheath there is multiple little elastic bands that act as pouches, so an old Kabar folder my Papa gave me a long time ago rides there, fire steel, small SAK, and a small widget bar wrapped in paracord. The Victorinox multi tool rides on back of the LMIW sheath. The Copenhagen, well the container has Copenhagen in it!
Enjoy

IMG_20110309_134851-1.jpg

IMG_20110309_134917.jpg

IMG_20110309_134926.jpg

IMG_20110309_134949.jpg

Pic of the rig hanging on the back of my truck
IMG_20110309_135242.jpg

Far out, Quite a bit of stuff.
:cool:
sumoj275 said:
This is what I have a lot of the time. The big blade will vary from a Busse B-11 (ll” blade), Scrap Yard Dog Father LE (9ish” blade), or a Scrap Yard Dog Father Combat Grade (9ish” blade). The kit is carried in a Lost Mountain Iron Works sheath in a poor mans Baldric style (basically a rifle case strap connected to the sheath). Two Altoids can—one with fire making material and fishing kit, the other with first aid stuff. On the Kydex insert I have paracord and rubber bands. On the sheath there is multiple little elastic bands that act as pouches, so an old Kabar folder my Papa gave me a long time ago rides there, fire steel, small SAK, and a small widget bar wrapped in paracord. The Victorinox multi tool rides on back of the LMIW sheath. The Copenhagen, well the container has Copenhagen in it!
Enjoy

IMG_20110309_134851-1.jpg

IMG_20110309_134917.jpg

IMG_20110309_134926.jpg

IMG_20110309_134949.jpg

Pic of the rig hanging on the back of my truck
IMG_20110309_135242.jpg

My kit carries very well. The great thing is that I have enough stuff in it to make it in most weather combined with the stuff in a pack or a coat/blanket/poncho that rides in the truck.

thanx jacques590.. better late than never.

You guys have some nice little kits ... about the only thing I would add would be some 3" shotgun cleaning patches in a baggie. There are many uses ... stronger toilet paper (reusable if you want to clean them :eek: ), cuts, cleaning, etc... plus they are cheap, don't weigh much and don't dry out like wet wipes. Anyway, something to consider adding to your nice kits. I'm stocking up on this 3" patches for their multi-use.

Just thought I'd mention.

Cat, Good idea I think on the cleaning patches!

...uhh, we've actually used them as TP too! We carry them regularly and they have def been handy!

EDIT:

I rep'd ya, but I said "idea" twice! Ooops! :lol: Good ideas Cat!

Oh, sorry. I just figured anyone faced with the decision of fig leaves and poison ivy (or what have you) or cleaning patches would surely choose cleaning patches! :D

I was going to post a snide necro comment but see this was for a legit purpose. ;-D

Back