• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where to shoot/train with birdshot?

Hey guys... I actually started this thread over at 590 Pump section before I realized this section was here.

Can anyone recommend a good place in NJ to shoot and practice?? Some place that will allow me to shoot birdshot?? I belong to a range but they only allow buckshot and slugs and its an indoor range so its just port shooting. Looking for a place where I can do various types of shooting (defensive, competitive, etc...) but allow me to shoot the more inexpensive birdshot/field loads. Not talking about Skeet/trap shooting, although thats fun in itself. Just not what I'm looking for in this thread. Hopefully finding somewhere in North Jersey area. PA/NY if not but hoping to find someplace convenient and close. Thanks!!

I'm in Morris County and there are not that many ranges that allow birdshot. Only one I can think of the The Bullet Hole. I typically go shooting at EFGA (Easton Fish and Game Association) in Easton, PA. There is a training pit that allows you to shoot anything through your shotgun and that where I primarily practice/train with my shotguns using birdshot.

Back