• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

No Muslims allowed at this gun range!

Hey, I'm pretty sure the local Mc Donalds has a sign that "Managment may reserve the right to refuse service"... I don't see how this is different. Her buisness, her right to open her doors to whomever she wants. If you don't like it, find another buisness to go to. JMHO

Don't know about anyone else, but I'd get real nervous about some unidentifiable sorta human shaped something carrying a loaded gun & hiding in a burka stepping up next to me at a range. Or anyplace else for that matter. :eek::confused:o_O

How would everyone feel of the same sign went up but banned Christians or Jews?

Managers have the right to refuse service but they cannot do so in violation of anyone's legal rights (i.e. race, sex, religion etc.)

This guy will lose in court if it even gets that far.

Yeah, the ACLU will be all over it. She'd be better off calling in a suspicious person call to the PD and having them run them off. She can deny them service but not post a sign about it...besides, just what exactly does a Muslim look like? She has some great reasons but I don't think they will hold in court.

Her best chance of avoiding lawsuits is to establish a "dress code" instead. That dress code could happen to specify "no flowing garments" or "headwear that can interfere with hearing protection use" and maybe achieve the same thing...

PS: or require a "I Love Bacon" hat and T-shirt be worn at all times! ;-)

By making the big public statement I'm pretty sure she wants to end up in court where she will lose. She certainly was looking for attention. If her goal was just keeping them away she would have done better with the basic sign on the door and then turn them away one by one. With that said, she has a lot of good points.

How would everyone feel of the same sign went up but banned Christians or Jews?

I'm ok with that, if that's what the owner wants who should tell them different and if you are a member of one of those groups why would you want to shoot there anyway. Why make a big stink to be somewhere that you aren't wanted.

I'm ok with that, if that's what the owner wants who should tell them different and if you are a member of one of those groups why would you want to shoot there anyway. Why make a big stink to be somewhere that you aren't wanted.

That's my take, also. If you don't want my business, I'll go elsewhere. Take care. Tom Worthington

Ah...'merica.

I like her reasoning....I hope this goes to court....and she wins.

I wonder if they've ever seen Caddy Shack?

Caddyshack_poster.jpg

Loved that movie...it was the rich that didn't belong but they were too arrogant to realize it...

Back