• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Firearm Photo Gallery

IMAG1162.jpg I just completed deburing (To my liking anyway ) and re-blueing my STI Trojan (40S&W). Not too shabby for a guy that learned how to hot blue four days ago. My gunsmith (David Clay of DRC) was nice enough to teach me to hot blue and how to screw up a gun in a real hurry ;-) Nice thing about Dave is, if I screw it up, he can fix or replace it.

Edited to correct spelling errors :-(

Last edited:
Just a couple of mine.
b78885a6-571a-4c02-a1d6-7d9f65e77be0.jpg

IMG_00131.jpg

IMG_00071-1.jpg

IMG_0010-1.jpg

Thanks old mossy.

It's my plan to run at least 100 shells through each Mossy before the end of the year.

I'm still not sure exactly how old the wood/blued versions are; I'm guessing early-mid 1980s.

I prefer the solid straight cut look of the fore-end vs. the slanted version which was used in later versions (and still is today) - although I don't think the wood used currently is as nice.

Just personal preference.

OK, will do, thanks!

I've tried to call the folks in Missouri a few times but it was a longer wait on hold than I had time for each time I called.

Update - just fyi for the board..

Was told by Victor at Hamlin today that Serial numbers that start with K were made from 1987-1991. Serial numbers L units were from 1991 through probably around 1995.

Although the National Mossberg Collectors Association (NMCA) - run by Victor and Cheryl Havlin, has general manufacturing date information on Mossberg models up to the L series serial numbers/time period (1991), they have experience, knowledge, and more detailed information on guns made from Mossberg's inception through 1991.

Obviously, they carry stocks, parts, accessories, and other items for all Mossberg guns. Knowledgeable and good people !!

http://www.havlinsales.com/default.htm

Glad the Havlins were able to help you. They are the pros when it comes to older Mossberg's.

I thought you were looking for the actual born date of your Mossberg's.

I was able to get that from Ms.Norma at Mossberg.

2e6atr4.jpg

Here's a before and "current". Still have a lot planned. Adding a sling, tactical light and/or laser, a sidesaddle, heatshield, and maybe changing the sights.

Went from wood furniture and a 28" barrel. Now she has an 18.5" barrel, Hogue O.M. Stock, and ATI Picatinny Tactical forend.

Back