• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Holland...MI

Festofish

Copper BB
As of last night I can call myself a Mossberg owner!!! Picked up a 20 guage Hunter Special field/deer combo for $299 at Dunhams. I grew up in a hunting family, mom included, but somehow managed to avoid the bug until this past spring. I really wanted to get into a Marlin .30-30 but the new ones are laminate stock and supposedly poorly made examples of their former selves. I got to thinking, hey...shotguns are way more versatile. I'm blind in my right eye so I shoot lefty and I got to hand it to Mossberg for thinking of that ambidextrous safety thing. I don't think I would have been able to get into a lefty model from any brand for this price. I also like the other features most people site like the pump release location and the shell lifter. I do think the 870 Rem is a tad higher build quality and the same price point Weatherby was even better. I racked a Weatherby in the same class as the 500/870 and it was obviously superior in build and feel. Having said that I'm proud to be a Mossberg owner and find it amazing that I could get into an American made firearm at this price and I know it will last a long, long time. The combo came with a ribbed 28" field barrel with dual bead and mod choke along with a 24" rifled slug barrel with the cantilever scope mount and inexpensive, Chinese made scope. I really wanted a combo and when I saw this add I had to start getting the wife used to the idea. She shot my dad's .22lr revolver this past year and that was her first experience so that helped alot! She's a peach! Anyway I look forward to learning a ton from these forums.

Welcome aboard.

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to some pics of your new 500. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mossy.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Festofish !!

Nice guitars...

Welcome fellow Michigander from GenCo

Sent from my Barnett Raptor using alien technology

Howdy and welcome to the club. :D
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13
smiley-greet013.gif

Back