• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

FN Herstal

Oh, and if you need any extra mags and have trouble finding them let me know. I have a local source that keeps them in stock for around $30...

Good deal.

Last year and a half or so they were pretty scarce and running $60-$90. Good to see they're more readily available. Probably goes without saying, but steer clear of the super cheap Chinese knock-offs. They're junk...

Small update...

I cut the spacers out of the 30 round magazines to make them 50 rounds.

ac3fea9bc05b227355f79caea4ebeae0.jpg

The springs look identical.

a9d2ba5a7150fae1b5c3834fc78e5ef3.jpg

So it was an easy fix.
I don't have any pics yet AND I may irritate some, but I cut 2" off a perfectly good fresh out of the plastic Magpul windowed AR magazine for a case catcher, then I went whole assed with some Velcro to keep the magazine, baseplate and RDS cover in place.
I will get some pics up later.

I was hoping to get to the range yesterday, but life got in the way, soon I hope! I have three new to me firearms I haven't shot yet :rolleyes:

Well, there's your problem!

Us fat guys have plenty of time to shoot. Good luck with the training bro, 50 miles is no joke...

Here is what I did for the case catcher!

DSCN0621.jpg

Mine ended up being a BNIP Magpul windowed AR magazine, however I took about 2" off the top.

DSCN0622.jpg

Added a little industrial strength Velcro.

DSCN0623.jpg

DSCN0624.jpg

And Viola!

DSCN0625.jpg

Here is the difference.

DSCN0626.jpg

And with the full length Magpul

DSCN0627.jpg

I decided on how much I should cut the magazine buy dumping 50 pieces of 5.7x28 brass into it and seeing where it filled to, there is a dust cover that needed to be removed in the opening, but that was a simple spring detent.
The magazine actually snapped into the opening, but I didn't know how long that would last, that is why I used Velcro, I also added a small patch on the RDS cover and RH side to keep it from being a nuisance, along with the lanyard, it should be around for a bit.

Nicely done!

That oughtta really confuse bystanders at the range. I can imagine the sideways looks... :confused:

Well done, like to see DIY solutions to things.

Finally got around to shooting the PS90, I like it, a lot! I only got 100 rounds through it, but it worked flawlessly, I needed to adjust the RDS and I forgot the little Allen wrench for that, but a little Kentucky Windage goes a long way.
We set up at 25 yards and my eyes just don't see small at distance...

78c6adb1b12d0357cc855041a8f1c972.jpg

My brass catcher worked as I had hoped and I didn't lose any brass :)
I took my Five-seveN too, but I figured I would save a little ammo, it was a good day, been quite some time since I had spent 4 hours at the range.

Wow, what a great looking range!

Glad to see it ran well and that your brass catcher worked as intended...

Thanks! It's a Lions Club who runs the range, it's set up to 200 yards, they also have a 25yd pistol and a real nice shotgun stand, it's surrounded by 1/2 million dollar houses too!

Had an extra nylon three point or two laying around and I repurposed the straps, buckles, tri-glides and a D-ring into a sling harness for the Ps90...

The D-ring is very secure and supports the weight of the weapon nicely. The buckles were a must for the set-up since the butt pad slides off to allow access to the guts for disassembly...

Took a bit of doing, but it worked out and looks like it will hold up well...

Back