• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Canadian Soldier Murdered at National War Memorial

cmcdonald

Boating Accident Victim
Staff member
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
As many of my Southern cousins are already aware, we lost two Canadian soldiers this week on home soil.

Apparently, due to radicalized muslims incited by ISIL.

The latest today, as a suspected terrorist shot a soldier at point blank range while on Honour Guard at the National War Memorial and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Ottawa.

The terrorist attempted to continue his shooting spree by entering our main Parliament building and was put down by the Sergeant-at-Arms and other security personnel in the main hallway of the building.

My thoughts, prayers and utmost respect go out to all those in our collective armed services in the fight against this ISIL scourge abroad and also those members of our law enforcement and security forces here at home.

We are at war and those who deny such are blind and most to be pitied. They are increasingly bringing the fight to our doorstep but we will not back down and hideaway as they do with their cowardly hit and run methods.

God bless.

My thoughts are with you and my neighboring country my friend. Sad thing is, I'm not sure we've even seen the start of what's in store, not just on our continent but everywhere else as well. The problem with this type of terrorism and attacks is that it could be anyone, anywhere you know. Thanks for sharing the story, I had heard about it on the news today but glad to hear your thoughts on it!

My thoughts are with you and my neighboring country my friend. Sad thing is, I'm not sure we've even seen the start of what's in store, not just on our continent but everywhere else as well. The problem with this type of terrorism and attacks is that it could be anyone, anywhere you know. Thanks for sharing the story, I had heard about it on the news today but glad to hear your thoughts on it!
Thanks AK...and thank you for your service my friend.

@cmcdonald

Our hearts go out to the families of those who were taken from them. No matter which side of the border these incidents occur, the loss is felt on both sides. These are some dark times we're living in and it's definitely not getting any better. Stay vigilant my friend...

Thanks LES...the world is getting smaller and these psychos have unlimited electronic access, allowing them to easily spew their hatred of the western world and infect the weak and twisted of mind with their rabid doctrine of death for infidels. Be they legit members of a terror cell or not; the ultimate goal of striking deep into our everyday lives is accomplished.

My hope is that we don't cave into knee-jerk reactions and enact even more fear driven legislation in the future. My biggest fear is not the terrorist; its our reaction to the threat and how we may harm (and have harmed) our own democracies in favor of so-called "security". This would also accomplish a victory for them. As they push those who will be bullied into incarcerating themselves and the rest of us within our own borders under an ever growing police state mentality.

It was with great sadness that we heard the news of your loss, the talk here is not should we be involved but how best can we help, be assured that the families of the men involved and your nation have the deepest sympathies from your cousins across the sea. To confront someone in fair combat is one thing but to gun someone down while they are doing the most sacred of duties shows the nature of the beast we all have to deal with, Kea kaha, be strong, stand tall and know that there is only one way that this can end for to even consider the alternative is not an option.

We must all be vigilant in our daily lives as these things may become more frequent. As security is stepped up at government facilities and places such as the one above, these piss-ants will seek other avenues to do their dirty work. With all the news coverage, more and more of these scum will come out of their hiding places. It is a sad state of affairs.

At least the PM has the good sense to call it terrorism, unlike our spineless leaders. They would have called it "work place violence"...again.

Condolences and prayers to the family of the fallen.

We were saddened to have heard the news about all of this. And we send our condolences to the family and to all that were affected by these senseless acts of cowardice.

I also hear what you meant about how Parliament will react. I pray for wisdom to prevail. Those of us to your South have seen all too well what can and did unfortunately happen to us on and after as a direct result of 9/11 with the enactment of the patriot act and the TSA, the NSA and other things and it is my prayer for you that you don't go down that same path.

While security is one thing, there are better ways to achieve that than we have exhibited.

CMD, prayers for those lost. I hope this an isolated incident for Canada. Stay diligent as things like this are used by bureaucrats to push any number of bad laws onto the law abiding. They will promise that you will be safer.

This happened only about a 1 hour drive from me and I. An only sit and wonder how big a coward do you need to be to shoot and unarmed man come to my place doors open. Pathetic
my heart goes out to the family's I will live in sorrow but I refuse to live in fear

This outrage in Ottawa Canada was committed by nothing more than a low life criminal with a history of criminal violence and drug abuse. A self radicalised disgruntled lunatic. The scum of the earth.

Kevin Vickers the Sergeant at Arms stopped this maggot. I cannot think of a better example of "A GOOD GUY WITH A GUN" saving lives. Well done sir, good on you.

Deepest condolences to the murdered soldiers and their families.

Saw this a bit late. My prayers and thoughts to the families and all our northern cousins.

I think we all feel the same, whether its soldiers murdered on the streets here or in Britain or whether it's trade center bombings, military base shootings or hatchet wielding maniacs in the US.

We all know you can legislate your brains out but you'll never legislate out the hatred and mania being bred and brainwashed into these terrorists. You cannot prevent a psycho from going postal in a free society. An enemy who looks like your next door neighbor and doesn't fear consequences nor death, is nearly unstoppable until he attempts to commit his atrocity.

This is an inherent risk of freedom. It seems we're in a time when our collective western resolve will be tested. Will we cave in and sacrifice our freedom for security? I pray not. I pray that our leaders will not pander to those who would sell our freedom for a so called "worry or risk free" trip to Starbucks.

How long are we gonna put up with this? Where are all the "moderate" muslims condemning these acts? Call me a bigot, but right now, they're all suspect until they prove otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back