• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got Wood?

That was a lil while ago. I had to go buy another shelf and they're both full now....I think another one might be in order soon....

Thanks gunny. I was debating on using some paduk. But decided not to make it look clownish.
:)

I'm having great results with the gorilla wood glue. The white stuff. It holds very well on cocobolo so everything else is a piece of cake.
I also roughed up both mating surfaces to have extra holding power.

It's nice to do chisel work with sharp edges.
I have a newer set but seem to keep going back to my great grandfathers set. They need to be rehandled soon. Thats on the to do list once I get a lathe....

Oh hell ya, of course....but still....I gotta try.

I missed the inlay work somehow.

Great looking work (as always) and very unique.

Awesome work on that 10/22 stock Rip! I actually scored a couple of Walnut 10/22 stocks at my LGS ($10 each!) thought they were cruddy birch stocks at first until I handled them. They were both in good shape and just needed to have the yucky faded lacquer removed. I didn't get before pics, but when I get the chance I'll post up my end results. One I kept unchanged and went on my traditional 10/22... tried something new with the other one, did anyone ask for wood sippling?

Back