• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Buffalo Bore Ammunition

OA~

I'd be happy to send you some .452" 230-gr hard cast LRN bullets and .45 Auto brass if you can have someone on your end assemble them for you.

Wish I did, nitesite. I need to ask my archery coach if he loads any .45. Mostly 9 mm for competition from what I understand.

OA~

I'd be happy to send you some .452" 230-gr hard cast LRN bullets and .45 Auto brass if you can have someone on your end assemble them for you.

My archery coach, Jim, said he'd be happy to assemble them. He's been reloading all sorts of stuff for the winter leagues. I'll send ya a message.

Shot the .45 ACP 255 gn Hardcast ammo today. Slightly more recoil than SD jacketed hollow points but it smokes like crazy. Only using it for SD against wildlife in WV while hunting...

How reliably does that bullet feed in your Springfield?

I only ran thru 1/2 box but had no issues. Recoil was was only slightly more than the 230 gn JHP I have for personal defense.

I like that Buffalo Bore makes "hotter" cartridges for those older revolvers that "people like me" like. They did make a .32 S&W Long/.32 Colt New Police ctg. and a .38 S&W/.38 Colt New Police ctg. that was a bit better than the target oriented round nose ctgs that are commonly found for sale. I tend to like older revolvers in those chamberings LOL.

I have not had a chance to fire any of them yet LOL. Just heard about them. But if I do get my Concealed Carry Permit this Spring...this might be me worth looking into?
Mark

Wow I have learned a lot since this , I load my defensive ammo these days and when put through a chronograph , Buffalo almost never lives up to its velocity claims.

Underwood followed by Doubletap is the Shiz next to my reloads lol BB bottom of the list IMO, even saw a box that was supposed to be HP , only 6 were HP and 14 were FMJ....word is they have gone way down and are surviving on what was a good reputation they created when they started, and a cool name

While I have never tried their handgun loads, all rifle loads have been within 25fps for me. It helps that my Marlin 1895G is the same model BB used for testing the loads I've used. The 308W load I've used is out of a Savage rifle with the same barrel length that BB listed on their test rifle.

Has anyone here heard about/used this stuff? Does it compare to oli700's reloads? ;)
I'm wondering so I can get ahead on my stockpile of 9mm ammo, so when I go for my permit I'll have something to use....

Coming soon...they plan to introduce An 820gr. 12 ga. slug load in 3 inch mag. and 2 inch mag.
:eek: :shock: :shock:[/QUOTE]

Another small ammo supplier is Underwood, which I use for my .41mag. http://www.underwoodammo.com/ .

It's all good, people with chronographs like to test factory claims and say they are wrong. The rounds are good to go if they put all the same kind in the box

Back