• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Broken extractor on .308

au01st

So a few weeks ago at the range I noticed after a shot that the shell did not extract. Luckily someone there happened to have the same rifle and I got the shell out using his bolt. However, interestingly enough, his broke a few minutes later in his own gun.

I have contacted Mossberg via e-mail to see if I could even get a part number so I could see what I needed, and internet searches have turned up nothing. At this point, I'd be fine buying a whole new bolt if that was needed, however they have given no response. I got the rifle secondhand, so I don't expect it to be covered under warranty, but I just want to shoot it again.

Anyone have any input?

Broken extractor
Photo0256.jpg

My Maverick 88 .308
Photo0236.jpg

Send "edna" a pm on this forum. She works at Mossberg and will help get you going in the right direction.

au01st said:
So a few weeks ago at the range I noticed after a shot that the shell did not extract. Luckily someone there happened to have the same rifle and I got the shell out using his bolt. However, interestingly enough, his broke a few minutes later in his own gun.

I have contacted Mossberg via e-mail to see if I could even get a part number so I could see what I needed, and internet searches have turned up nothing. At this point, I'd be fine buying a whole new bolt if that was needed, however they have given no response. I got the rifle secondhand, so I don't expect it to be covered under warranty, but I just want to shoot it again.

Anyone have any input?

Broken extractor
Photo0256.jpg

My Maverick 88 .308
Photo0236.jpg

You dont need a replacement bolt. All you need is a new extractor. I'll send you a PM.

Thanks, guess I'm still working up to the level where I can answer PM's.

If you wanted to email me directly at "au01st@aim.com" that would be okay, also.

I was really on the fence about getting a Mossberg ATR 100 in 30.06 for fear that it would have the same issue and I'd be stuck, but if this fixes it I can put those fears to rest. Always nice to have someone on the inside.

So anybody have any idea who else I could contact? Not getting a response from edna and not getting a response from Mossberg. I am starting to be glad I have not purchased another Mossberg rifle...

I do have a cool doorstop for my closet door now, though...

Im sorry i dont work with mossberg anymore. But if i should be of any assistance let me know ill try my best to provide you with an answer. I want to apologize if incase i have not responded. I am currently working with another company and attending college :S. Ill try my best though.

Back