• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 935

I Just Bought My First Ever Semi! Straight Out Of The Box I Shot 3" And 3 1/2" With No Problems. I Tried A 2 3/4" And It Would Not Eject The Spent Shell. I Bought Different 2 3/4" Shells The Next Day And Shot 3 Box Without Any Problems. My Question Is This...
What Makes The Difference?
1. Feet Per Second
2. Drams
3. Shot Size
4. Oz Weight
Anybody Have Any Suggestions?

My Question Is This...
What Makes The Difference?
1. Feet Per Second
2. Drams
3. Shot Size
4. Oz Weight

Short answer, yes.

It is a simple matter of return energy. All four factors you outlined contribute to building enough back pressure to push the bolt back with the proper amount of force required for the extractor to effectively engage the shell rim and complete successful extraction...

Got you. I was kinda thrown a curve ball. Both 2 3/4" shells was same across the board with the exception of velocity or feet per second. But one would eject and the other would not!

kennyjaxon,

That is the general experience I have had with my 935 as well. I figured any high-brass shells should cycle the action (because of the greater charge weight), but mine only seemed to want to cycle the action if the Dram equivalent was at or above 3.

Back