• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question of the Month. December 2014

Would you buy a firearm that was used in a suicide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If it was a first generation Colt single action army in pristine condition that landed on a goose down pillow and avoided landing in some poor soul's DNA after the grim reaper visited, YES. any other firearm probably not.

With or without Courtney Loves prints on it? (yeah, I went THERE!!)
She may not have pulled the trigger but she was definitely the reason he did. And I believe her story was BS...she was there egging him on...what a @#$%!!!

Not to go OT too much here, but a member on calguns.net, AJAX22, posted a very long thread of the resurrection of a 1911 from a police evidence auction that had been put in an evidence bag covered in blood. Involved a lot of electrolysis to finally get it working. Apparently he has over 1000 rounds through it now. That is the gun in the bottom pic. I couldn't find that particular thread but he has a "new" 1911 project LINK ... :cool:

blood1911.jpg

Attachments

• blood1911.jpg
    blood1911.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 5
Man that one is grody in the link...all mud caked...I'll read more on it later.

Sure I would I have lots of old army rifles I'm sure killed people this would be no different the gun didn't kill them they did that themselves

It's not a suicide gun but it was used in a crime if anybody wants to own a piece of history.
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — An Illinois auction house is selling the revolver that almost killed former Alabama Gov. George Wallace in a 1972 assassination attempt as he ran for president.

Rock Island Auction Co., which specializes in rare firearms, listed the revolver for sale in a Friday auction. Company vice president Judy Voss said the company's investigation shows it is the same gun that was used by Arthur Bremer in the shooting.

"There is no doubt," Voss said.

Voss says the serial number on the gun matches that listed on police reports. Voss says a May 15, 1972, date and initials etched into the gun also match law enforcement records.

Bremer shot Wallace during a Maryland campaign stop for the Democratic nomination for president, which he lost to George McGovern. The shooting left Wallace paralyzed from the waist down and in constant pain for the rest of his life. Bremer at the time said his intent was to gain fame by killing either Wallace or then-President Richard Nixon.

I haven't finished lookin yet....more tonite when i hit the sack and watch it in bed with headphones on....so as not to disturb the woman.

Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the later questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls...

The holidays are coming and with this joyful time comes depression. Recently a friend of my friend committed suicide, and this got me thinking about it....so...here's this months QotM...What are your thoughts?

Would you buy a firearm that was used in a suicide?

**Rules**
There is no minimum post requirement. :D
That's a tough question... would have to think about it... and even after that... probably not.

Not gun related but probably the most insensitive, callous behaviour with regard to a suicide I have ever heard. One of my old bosses an Inspector was telling me that whilst on foot patrol as a young probationary Constable in London he happened to stumble across a poor woman committing suicide on a petrol station forecourt. She had poured petrol all over herself and set it alight. It turned out she was severely depressed and had other mental health problems. Jim had tried to help her using a fire extinguisher to put the flames out, but she died a horrible death.

Anyway after the Inquest hearing at the Coroners Court Jim was approached by the woman's husband who shook his hand and thanked him for his efforts.

The man then asked "THE PETROL CAN THAT SHE USED, ERM IS THERE ANY CHANCE I COULD HAVE IT BACK AS I NEED IT FOR THE LAWNMOWER !!!!!!!

So would I buy a gun that had been used in a suicide ? .....................Yeah probably.

Back