• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Interrogating terrorist suspects in the UK

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
"Well, what are we supposed use? Harsh language?"

Sorry fellas, can't yell at them either. The world is truly spinning out of control, upside down and backwards. :groan:

According to the new rules:

British soldiers have “lost their capability” to interrogate terrorist insurgents because of strict new rules on questioning that even ban shouting in captives’ ears, military chiefs have warned.

The rules — detailed in court papers obtained by The Telegraph — also prevent military intelligence officers from banging their fists on tables or walls, or using “insulting words” when interrogating a suspect.

The regulations replaced a previous policy that had to be withdrawn after a series of legal challenges and the death in custody of Baha Mousa, an Iraqi detainee in Basra.

But there is growing disquiet within the ranks that the latest guidelines, officially called Challenge Direct, are so stringent that it makes interrogation pointless.

There is also concern that the rules can be so easily breached — especially given the pressure under which soldiers are operating — that military personnel will be left exposed to legal claims and possible disciplinary action.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...yell-at-terrorist-suspects-soldiers-told.html

( I put this in the Survival forum deliberately. I figure y'all can understand the reason for that) ;):)

Gonna be a whole lot more terrorists floating around now that they know if they get caught, its 3 hots and a cot, Club Med style. I am growing very discouraged with the Liberalization of the whole world. I need to find me a new planet.

Gonna be a whole lot more terrorists floating around now that they know if they get caught, its 3 hots and a cot, Club Med style.

Depends on who catches them. I have a really well equipped wood shop with lots of splintery wood. I'd really hate to just throw it out. ;)

I have got a suggestion....................

How about wrap them up in a pig carcass and plug their genitals into the mains electricity. Then keep pressing the button to juice them up until they tell us what we want to know ?

Then when we have got what we want, still clothed in the pig carcass bury them alive in a steel coffin with a water drip so they can starve to death................Or they could delay that a little by eating the pork ?

Am I being a bit extreme here ??

The point of interrogation is to obtain useful info. If that can be gotten by hooking a subject on Twinkies, then great. If not, then progress in stages to more persuasive methods. :)

The point of interrogation is to obtain useful info. If that can be gotten by hooking a subject on Twinkies, then great. If not, then progress in stages to more persuasive methods. :)

Agreed, useful information is obtained by asking the right questions and phrasing them in the right way, this is equally as important as the method of "persuasion".
25 years Police experience. Difference was I had a lot more legal constraints on me.

More persuasive methods, yes as far as I am concerned open season on our "religion of peace" martyrs.

Talking of which looks like we have just had what looks suspiciously like a "jihadist" attack in Glasgow Scotland. Pedestrians mown down by a garbage truck in the city centre.

Authorities are keeping the description of the driver suspiciously quiet ?

Which generation of children behave better, those that were spanked and/or dealt with harshly for their wrongdoings or those that had to suffer a timeout?
I rest my case.

Which generation of children behave better, those that were spanked and/or dealt with harshly for their wrongdoings or those that had to suffer a timeout?

My kids never really suffered "adverse punishment" for wrongdoing as my wife is a weinie and did not approve of it. :rolleyes: Not that I disapprove of a good spanking once in a while and I received many when I was a child. ;) The main thing here is the THREAT of punishment and both kids know that I would CERTAINLY be willing and capable of inflicting said punishment. "I don't care if I go to jail! You just better hope the police arrive before I end up killing you!" :D Fortunately, removal of "goodies" such as phone or videogames has served quite well in encouraging proper behavior...

Unfortunately, modern day "attitudes" taught in schools and society frown upon physical punishment for wrongdoing and that has a lot to do with the nation of wienies we are becoming... :( Once upon a time, if you mouthed off to or "verbally assaulted" an elder or peer, you could expect to have to defend yourself physically, and getting a beating for being a "punk" served to instill respect and deter further disrespect. A "life lesson" if you will. Now, parents go to jail for disciplining their children, and that is totally wrong--"Who are you to tell me how to raise my kids!" :mad:

Kids that misbehave at home and are not punished go to school and expect to be able to misbehave without consequence. This is one of the reasons I do not use my teaching degree to get a job as a teacher. Parents expect teachers to babysit their brats, and the pay is not good enough to warrant taking disrespect from a classroom of punks. I remember the ruler across the back of the hand and rough handling by the dean. It DID serve to put me in my place.

Regarding criminal and terrorist activity, adverse punishment would serve as a deterrent, IMO. Or at least the threat of it. Knowing that you might face torture or a beating if you are caught will make one think twice before committing the crime or terrorism. I am all for "an eye for an eye, hand for a hand" punishment and some civilizations REQUIRE such a hard-handed discipline to keep their savages at bay. Say what you want about Saddam, he kept those Iraqis in line!

And did I ever mention I am a BIG fan of the guillotine? :cool: No "cruel and unusual" lethal injection here! :p

Back