• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Voodoo tactical data book

tattooo

.30-06
d9e384f5370f26e2a81f8fc5b14178a9.jpg

Just came in today...early christmas gift from my daughter.....anyone have any tips on getting the most out of one of these....this is my first one.

It's not what you get out of it, it's what you put into it. Record everything. And I do mean everything, even if there isn't a "fill in the blank" for it. Including weather conditions, ( temp, baro, and humidity, altitude, sun or shade on you and/or the target, etc), direction of fire (compass) and anything else you can think of. I'd also copy every page in it on to your pc before you enter anything in it, so when you need fresh pages you'll have them to put into a 3 ring binder later.

Really good advice. ...thanks

Much of what you might record is dependent on the range (distance) you are shooting. An extreme example would be that wind and elevation is not really important at 10yds, but is very important at 500yds or more. Just stating the obvious here. ;) The other major benefit with recording as much as you can, is that it instills some discipline into your shooting style. Being able to replicate what you did last week or last year is not only valuable, but also personally satisfying because it verifies that you are in control of the shot instead of vice versa. :)

Back