• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ghost Ring MX sights from Spitfire Armory

Over the course of the last few months I have been engaged in product testing for the Ghost Ring MX sights by Spitfire Armory. As a product tester, I have been compensated with a product discount. Otherwise, I have no business affiliation with the company.

First, a little background: Several years ago, I purchased a Mossberg 590A1 12 gauge shotgun. It suits me well, but after owning it for a period of time I started to question if the bead sight was really the best option for me ? I started looking into my options for aftermarket ghost ring sights. While I did find some available products, I did not find any that: 1) Did not require gunsmith installation and 2) Were compatible with the heavy wall barrel of the 590A1. That is when I stumbled upon a product announcement / survey from a company called Spitfire Armory. They were developing a new product and asking for input as to whether they should move forward with a design for the Remington 870 or the mossberg 500/590 ? I contacted the company, and the rest is why I am posting today.

There is a Ghost Ring MX rear sight with an integral rail, a Ghost Ring MX front sight, and accessory peep sight inserts. Both the front and rear sights are equipped with fiber optic filaments. Red in front, and green on either side of the rear ghost ring. The rear sight offers separate elevation and windage adjustments, as well as etched reference lines to aid in adjusting the sight. Front and rear sights are anodized aluminum, are contoured to mate with the receiver and barrel surfaces beautifully, and are designed and manufactured in the USA.

Additional information is available at: www.spitfirearmory.com including installation videos and further documentation.

I was able to shoot with these for the first time yesterday. The fiber optics are easy to see and the ghost ring aperture seems to be sized perfectly for a good balance between fast target acquisition and accuracy.

See the target photo !

MO 1 smaller.jpgMO 2 smaller.jpg MO 3 smaller.jpg MO 4 smaller.jpg

Last edited:
Back