• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Not really a firearm

dieselmudder

.30-06
Elite Member
"Philanthropist"
But it will be handy as I start building

430bc5c58c20cf1bde7beb80fd79433d.jpg

I got bored the other night, and since ive decided to build my first upper, I decided to carve out my own jig for holding an AR by the mag well

c6405f49cb0ad2c86a018610bb5c7a19.jpg

Its nothing fancy, just some left over Tyvar from work. (Basically the same think white poly cutting boards are made from) comes in 1 inch thick sheets. about a half hour of measuring, circular saw, and dremel work this is what I got.

a16b72ec28a5230f2550508482234268.jpg

And all of my upper parts should be here by Christmas. So while I've got the time off work I'll be building, and reloading. [emoji1]

Very cool if your interested in making more I'd be interested...or maybe some of that material? I had been thinking of making a vise block that holds the barrel to install the flash hider instead of putting stress on the mag well.

Very cool if your interested in making more I'd be interested...or maybe some of that material? I had been thinking of making a vise block that holds the barrel to install the flash hider instead of putting stress on the mag well.
It could probably be made out of a piece of hardwood as well. I just used an empty mag as a template for dimension, and left a shoulder for the magwell to rest on. Could,probably even make one with a 2x4 and a wood rasp

A 3/4 inch spade bit drilled through a 2x4 and then crosscut through the hole with a band saw or even hand saw will make a dandy AR barrel block.

Just sayin'.

Prices are pretty good in the link John gave, most under 10 bucks, dunno what shipping would run.

Just ordered a black lower vise block and uni. V grove block set under $18 free shipping not bad. Diesel...the new vise block set looks really good by the way!

lol thanks guys. 95 % was done with a circular saw, with a little touch up work done with a file. the mail lady couldn't deliver my barrel today because no one was home to sign for it. so ill pick it up tomorrow morning. all the rest of my parts have arrived also, so i'll get to put my jigs to use tomorrow :):):):)

Interesting.....might have to see if I can make a few on my drillpress mill....

8f4e726314fc5fb6061ab7d2ac567e3c.jpg

Wilson arms 20 inch rifle length bull barrel in stainless with .223 Wylde chamber, 1/8 twist. DPMS Micro .963 gas block Anderson Manufacturing smooth side upper receiver, and rifle length gas tube. Rock River Mil-spec BCG. Strike industries charging handle. ALG Defense 15" Ergo Modular Rail

df71e147630e4cd92251920ee1374125.jpg

Nikon P223 on a PEPR mount.

Thats the plan. Defiantly gotta work on holding up my end of the deal. Wasn't terribly impressed with my first groups today. Get some more trigger time with factory ammo, then start reloading and see if I can really bring out the potential.

Back