• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 Ghost Ring issues

Same applies.

Sent an e-mail a day if you have to until it gets done. Joe has always taken care of us around here, but he seems to be one of the only ones there that gets things done. Needless to say he stays pretty busy...
Yeah, the last e-mail I sent, that i got a reply to it took 3 days to get back to me. I should have just included my info in that e-mail. Oh well, I got one reply, maybe I can get another...

Well, I got a reply first thing this morning from Joe, he got the info, and said he'd send a label asap. Not seen a label yet thougho_O

I want to update this thread. I got a label from fed-ex, and the Shotgun was sent back, and received by Mossberg on the 14th of November, I got a e-mail Saturday the 29th from fed-ex saying it was on it's way back. They only had it for 2 weeks!:) Well, after a couple of days fed-ex finally decided to bring it, and I just got it and opened it. They installed a new barrel, and test fired it, sent me a target shot at 30yds with wWinchesterslugs, it was a bit low, but the rear site is all the way down, so I think it'll be ok now, will have to take it out and try it when i get some free time, and before the mountain decides to snow over. Now I need to go buy some more slugs:D

I have to say, as far as speed, they are A+ on getting the gun back to you, if they'd just fix their communication issues they'd be top notch.

^^yup^^

I hope they are listening.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting back with the update.

Looking forward to the results after your range trip...

Well, took it up on the mountain to the quarry. Shot at about 25-30yds. Used Remington 1oz slugs. With the rear site in the middle which is where they must have tested it, it was still shooting about 3-4" low, I ran the rear site all the way up, and it is finally shooting to POA, all be it a hair right. Not perfect, but a heck of a lot better than it was for sure. When i get to a range I'll be able to test it further out, and get a better idea...

20141207_130637_zpscca477c4.jpg

o_OI just purchased a 590a1 used with those exact ghost rings. The rear sight has a flat head screw on top which is very loose, causing the rear sight aperture to wiggle all the way left and right and not stay seated on the elevation dial. I tried tightening the screw but it just spins and won't tighten at all. I don't want to take it apart bc I'm not so familiar with sights or optics (only army iron sights)What could possibly be wrong?

Back