• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SIG SAUER

For that price you should have grabbed it and ran....mine ran $950 for the 5"
It is still for sale... but like I said I think I'm going for an all black 9mm. Preferably with a decocker. SP2022 or FNX both fit the bill.. 1911 does not [emoji14]

I gave up on the M&P22 and bought my wife a Ruger Mark III 22/45. So far the little pistol has eaten everything from subsonic, standard, and high velocity stuff without a single failure. The subsonic stuff I used to fire in my Anschutz 1416L as my M&P22 would not cycle with it. The only issue is a significant change in point of impact compared to standard and high velocity fodder (Which is to be expected). Now I am looking at high visibility sights for my wife's little pistol.

ce69d110cf6b2829dc82e7b4fddcbf01.jpg
4aa9d6da98168463a88cce0e3865cbcc.jpg

My wife's CC pistol. P238. I really love this thing, shoots like a dream, never had an issue with it. Fits my hand better with the 7 round extended mags, but not bad with the 6. Might grab another at some point for myself.

My next purchase is a Sig 226 MK 25.

What is the general opinion of the 2022 ? Seems like good bang for the buck wearing a sig patch.

It seems to be pretty popular. There are lots of reviews on youtube, but this guy is usually the one I hang my hat on:

I like me some hidkok45. That guy is a straight shooter and just seems to be one hell of a salt of the earth human being. And his YouTube channel ain't bad either.

Deog, I can tell you this much about the 2022(mine is a.40),when we get together for range days EVERYONE in the group wants to shoot it. Many positive comments on the heft,the way it fits in their hands naturally(even the smaller handed folk),the recoil and the accuracy. The initial long trigger pull can be a minus for some,but the follow ups are great. It does seem that towards the end of the 12rd.magazine the shooters are getting close to being warned about the range's no more than 1 shot per second rule.
Always BIG grins. :)
TJ

The initial long trigger pull can be a minus for some,but the follow ups are great. It does seem that towards the end of the 12rd.magazine the shooters are getting close to being warned about the range's no more than 1 shot per second rule.
Always BIG grins. :)
TJ

Fascinating ..............

I don't know iffin' I call it fascinating,but it sure is fun. From .22s to 10mms.Wheel guns to shotguns and a few ARs thrown into the mix. For a good many of the group,(me being the old fart)range parties were their introduction to shotguns(500s). Teaching firearm safety with the help of the ROs at Shooters Choice in West Columbia,SC along with the push/pull technique for the pump guns make for some good tales. I particularly get a kick out of the women and smaller framed who do well with the shotguns.

Price point and versitility had me lookin' at the p250 compact. I read through the pages some sweet Sigs on here anyone still own their p250's?

I sold mine off, but the .45 Compact was the last to go. I think I would get the 320 Compact now though. Supposedly a better trigger. The use of standard Siglite night sights is a big bonus.

Had a friend come over today with his SSP232 so I could help him with take down and thorough clean of the pistol and mags. Broke down my 2022 and we had a cleaning "party". I want to tell y'all that 232 is just dead sexy! The fit and machining is amazing, makes my 2022 look like a.........well a 2022. best analogy I can think of is comparing a BMW Zed3 to a '66 Mustang.
Well enough fan boyin' for now, going to range next week and get them dirty again!

Back