• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Muzzle Brake review!! VG6, Strike Industries, PWS, Surefire

cockedNlocked

Product Review Manager
Staff member
Ladies and Gentleman,

Here at Mossbergowners.com we have been working on a forum AR15 for product review. We are almost ready for testing. All products that will be used are from reputable companies, and are high quality parts. We are quite excited for this endeavor. For our first full review, we will be reviewing muzzle brakes/flash hiders.
We currently have the following products:

PWS:
Fsc556
Fsc308

VG6:
Epsilon556

Surefire:
Mbk556

Strike Industries:
SI-Jcomp 01
King Comp 223
Checkmate Comp
Cookie Cutter Comp
Venon Flash Hider

Smith Enterprise:
Good Iron Brake 556
Good Iron Brake 308

Bravo Company:
Mod 1/0 Compensator

Lantac:
Dragon

Rainier Arms:
XTC

STANDARD A2: Donated from Lazy

If anyone has any additional brakes/flash hiders that they would like reviewed, please post to this thread or send me a PM. I will do my best to try to acquire such product(s). Photos and video will be posted soon. I also wanted to invite anyone in the area who is interested in helping test these products, to please contact me.

Sweet

You know all the tests I have seen the Miculek break is still about unbeatable followed by the Titan.....those are kinda big competition setting breaks but a good friend has a Titan on an AR 10 and it rocks, moves a crap ton of gas

What I think would be really useful would be to compare them to the A2 birdcage, since it seems to be the most common.

I use a couple of the FSC556 brakes and they do a pretty good job. Loud as hell for anyone standing on either side of the shooter, but they work well. I also use the Griffin M4SD II, Rainier RMC, and Noveske KX3...

the new Griffin Linear looks sweet , I was going to get one for my pistol build but since Griffin decided to drill three little ports on top my barrel was too short to get them past the hand guard .

But it's not really fait comparing linear comps to full brake/comp units.

Then you would have to run an entire different test for Krink's booster combo like pigs , barking spiders, Kummas, PWS cqb

does anyone have an A2 flash hider to donate to the project??? we just got our first 2 brakes in today, XTC and VG6 photos will be up soon

SJC Titan. I have one, and although it's loud, is super effective. Barks like a .308, shoots like a .22. I can actually see my impacts on steel through my optic.

Back