• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Rant

I agree 110% oli. The Liberal controlled media and their spin on everything.

Makes my friggin' blood boil.

Attachments

• barack-obama-liberal-media-bias.jpg
    barack-obama-liberal-media-bias.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 98
It goes without saying that Michigan has some of the most skillful, courteous and conscientious winter drivers of anywhere in the world. I feel truly blessed to have been given the most precious opportunity to spend my 4.5 hour drive to work with them this morning on the slickest roads I have ever encountered. It has warmed my heart and lightened my soul. Pure Michigan!!!

I am normally a winter person but this unrelenting two months of absolute bone chilling bitter cold has sucked any winter motivation I have right out of me. There is only so much you can do when the wind chill is 50+ degree's below freezing. it was 7 degrees here this morning (without wind chill) which is up from the -3 we had yesterday.

[/rant]

lol You haven't driven in winter until it is the first 2+ inch snowfall of the year in PA... You learn that Aggressive Driving will keep you alive!

Itsricmo said:
lol You haven't driven in winter until it is the first 2+ inch snowfall of the year in PA... You learn that Aggressive Driving will keep you alive!

It just never ceases to amaze me that no matter how long or bad winters are here, each new time the roads are icy you would swear no one has ever seen snow before. It's like playing peek-a-boo with a newborn. I would expect this in states that rarely get snow but here it should be second nature.

I officially hate cold weather now.

Dropped down to zero or below last night and was 4 degrees when I left the house this morning. Got half way to work and white smoke came billowing out the sides of my hood. Looked like I was driving a damn steam engine. Pulled off the road and when I opened the hood it there was coolant everywhere. Looked like somebody had murdered the jolly green giant. Aside from the coolant there was steam shoot'n out a gaping crack in my radiator. Had it towed to the shop and turns out ice had built up in the water pump and created enough pressure to blow the radiator damn near in half. The pump, timing belt, and thermostat were also shot and had to be replaced. All that on top of having to wait nearly two hours in the bitter cold for the tow definitely has me ready for some warmer weather...

Ouch. It sounds like you're lucky the block didn't freeze and crack apart. It's the winter that won't end.

Sorry to hear that LES. I hope you got the MRS. car to the shop and had her anti-freeze level checked.

Also want to take a check on any plumbing in the house that is on an outer wall.

Crazy weather all over.

Oh man....that totally sux bro. I hate to hear that stuff.

ripjack13 said:
Oh man....that totally sux bro. I hate to hear that stuff.

Yup. I hated to read about your issues a few posts up.

old mossy said:
Sorry to hear that LES. I hope you got the MRS. car to the shop and had her anti-freeze level checked.

Also want to take a check on any plumbing in the house that is on an outer wall.

Crazy weather all over.

Yes Sir, we just had oil and fluids checked/changed about 30 days ago. The Mrs. parks in the garage and it doesn't get that cold in there. As far as the house goes I took care of that earlier in the season, but having grownup in the South weather proofing the vehicles has never been something I've had to deal with before.

carbinemike said:
Ouch. It sounds like you're lucky the block didn't freeze and crack apart. It's the winter that won't end.

Yup, the block's ok. Coulda been a lot worse.

What I should have said is have the anti-freeze STRENGTH checked. It does weaken after awhile.

Attachments

• AntiFreezeTester_250px.jpg
    AntiFreezeTester_250px.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 14
Mossy and his Yankee tools :D My Dad gave me one for the tool box when I was 16.

carbinemike said:
Mossy and his Yankee tools :D My Dad gave me one for the tool box when I was 16.

I got one in my tool box from 1970, and it still works. :lol:

Piss poor political leaders with their heads in the sand.

Broken laws and systems.

Entitlement attitudes.

Lack of morals and ethics in society.

Stupid people with a lack of self awareness.

I want to go off on each of these topics (in no particular order) but can't find the words. Frustration level at a new high with society and government in general. I love America, but I'll be damned if some of the people in it couldn't use some time out behind the woodshed for an attitude adjustment.

zagmp03 said:
I'll be damned if some of the people in it couldn't use some time out behind the woodshed for an attitude adjustment.

I like the old fashioned tar and feathers too. Lots of good stuff Zag...you need to get some of that out of your system posting in the political section. We'll leave the light on for you.

I feel the need to rant....

I saw the add for Sean Penn's new movie. I won't even mention the title because I don't want it to show up as "trending" anywhere.

Am I the only one that is really freaking tired of these self important anti-gun douchebag hypocrites making millions on movies depicting guns while at the same time telling us that out guns are "cowardly killing machines" and spending theor wealth trying to take them out of our hands?

It could be the greatest movie ever made but much like Hanoi Jane and the others, I do not wish to fund their campaigns against my freedoms.

Good rant, MikeD. I believe that any actors that are anti-gun/pro gun control should not be allowed to make action, drama or any other type of movies with firearms. maybe sticks and rocks or such but no forearms...I lost all respect for Liam. Never had any for Sean.

What pisses me off is I was denied because of an arrest in 1989 for having a controlled substance, (a roach in my ashtray) in my vehicle, and yet these hollywood elite trasholes are handed permits on a frikkin plater and he was arested more serious crap than me........I cal bullsh*t.
Time for me to go back to the town hall and ask for an explanation....

He also melted down his collection of guns into a statue shortly after hooking up with Charlize Thereon.

Also lets not forget that Stallone is one of the most anti-gun people in Hollywood.

Also included are Matt Damon, Mark Walberg, Sean Connery, Arnold Schwarzenegger, etc.

Last edited:
Back