• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

I hate to say it 930 fans, but there's not that many accessories for the 930. Other than barrels, lights and attachment sights, there isn't alot. If anyone knows of where to go please let me know.

There are few stock options for the 930 due to the fact that it is a semi auto. The recoil is what cycles the bolt carrier assembly, the buffer spring is housed in the stock and that is why there isn't a a folding stock made for the 930. It would just be pointless, you wouldn't achieve the same look that you would with the 500 or 590. The only stock I've seen comes with the gun...and there's a goofy ass lookin pistol grip stock that I don't really care for.

There are a lot of options out there, you just have to know where to look and what to look for.
Sidesaddle and safety-
930saddleoblqwm.jpg

Bolt knobs-
knobcompro.jpg

Another safety-
safetyup.jpg

Followers-
hivislowerwm.jpg

Nordic clamp with rail, TLR 1, remote switch tailcap, remote switch.

portstop.jpg

extcapwm.jpg

shockcordritwm.jpg

930spxwm.jpg

Even the OMGWTFBBQ-
dozerview.jpg

And more-
nordicrtwm.jpg

And one more-
bayofrrtwm.jpg

These don't include the Choate bolt handle, the other Choate extensions, the new Mossberg bolt handle, the Choate stock, the shorter/smaller rail from ETA, the Mesa carrier, the 6 round TacStar, the 3 Gun Gear sidesaddle, the other Nordic mag tube extensions, the receiver sling plates, the railed forend replacements (which hopefully will be out soon), the Brownell's safety, and maybe a few other things I can't remember.

What do 930 owners want to see in the aftermarket?

So, what do you guys want to see produced in the aftermarket?
In order for a manufacturer to produce an item, there has to be interest. Taht level of interest has steadily built up from the introduction of the SPX. Part of the reason I originally did my review of the SPX 3 years ago was because there was almost no info out there. Mossberg hasn't done much to change that in the interim, but there have been a lot of aftermarket additions since then.
I talk to a lot of them, and tell them about things that could be added or done differently. I've even done this with Mossberg to an extent. I frequently get asked by some of these businesses what the customer would like to see.
So let me know what you're thinking, and lets get a dialog started about it. Bounce it around some and see what the interest is.

Dearest friend, you are currently my new best friend. I have a hard time getting any support where I am for the 930. I have seen the error of my ways. I thank you for this insight. Nice 930 by the way.

Re: What do 930 owners want to see in the aftermarket?

Simple leight weight, modularity in components possibly. Stuff thats easily interchangable, and my personal preference from Mossberg would be to not do things that lock you into the model, requirering gun smithing to change. The roadblocker and rolling thunder for example, same with the breacher choke. A flash hider maybe would be a little more practicle than the breacher choke and still look cool, but not things that are fixed. For me, I like the LPA's, but would prefer some sort of rail system for co-witness, with out it having to be silver soldered and then refinish the barrel. This is what I mean by some degree of modularity. I went with my 590A1 in the plain Jane model, so I could do with it what I want, and change it back again if it doesnt work out. For a rail system, something like the Rhino Rail is too much for me, but with it being an auto loader, maybe a quad rail fore end but have the top rail be continous maybe with a good solid clamp so you would have something almost like an MRP, could have the rail extend back over the receiver too... Mesa has the full length saddle rail, so something similar? just brainstorming here. Would really like to see some AR/M4 type receiver adapters too, could then use Magpul stocks with cheek risers to maintain a good cheek weld with reflex reddot or other optics.

Biggest thing for me, I dont wannt to be locked in with fixed parts. If I dont like it, I want to change it. Heck, I can build an AR, I should be able to work on my shotty.

Now that you ask the question I am actually somewhat stumpped.

You def have the straight poop on the 930! What kind of receiver end plates are available? Maker and type? Are they for web slings or HK style? I have some plans for the HK style...

Not me, I know exactly what I wanna see! The things that would seal the deal for me and make it a "must have" firearm, a look no further deal. Regardless, I'd still do it before I did an 1100 or 1187...

FOX3, you'll probably have to go with internet vendors.
Ross, the only receiver plate I can reliably source is the GG&G unit. There is another guy that makes them, but he's a small operation and I don't know his contact info or name or anything.
I'll see if I can find some more info.

Mossberg is offering a new charging handle for the 930. I believe these will be coming on future models? :?:

But for those who have the stock charging handle, you can order this factory one.

Part #19297 - $20.00

Another option. :)

4980062474_4f6946b797_z.jpg

The end plate, not too bad, Though I prefer the HK style. The forend sling attachment, I'm not crazy about. I'd get a mag and barrel clamp with a QD sling point... and from CDM of course!

Rossignol said:
The end plate, not too bad, Though I prefer the HK style. The forend sling attachment, I'm not crazy about. I'd get a mag and barrel clamp with a QD sling point... and from CDM of course!

I'm going to run a Gear Sector 2-point sling, so these sling mounts should be fine. Yes, they are not pretty but should be simple and solid.

I am looking at the CDM barrel clamp but as my light mounting point.

How about a TacStar 4-shell carrier made for the 930. I want! :mrgreen:

I love the modded 870 4-Shell carrier that m24shooter is using on his 930. I'll probably do that if they don't make a 930 version.

How about the Midwest Industries HK end plate! :)

I know more things will come to the front on my brain but for now:

1. A railed forearm. As per M24's recent post I am glad to see aimpro has come out with said rail. But a little competition always makes a better product.

2. Would love to see Hogue and/or SpeedFeed come out with a shorter LOP stock. Why anyone hasn't yet just completely beffudles me.

3. Maybe a forend with detachable rails? eg. Vltor CAS-V style.

4. HK style loops for a sling attachment point front and rear. I run a modified Magpul MS2 sling and would love to use the same sling I use with my AR. Off topic but does anyone know if GG&G's HK style rear sling mount for the 590 will mate up to a 930's stock and receiver?

Will think of more I am sure.

-Jax

ETA is working on their railed forearm. Pics of it are on their site. Hopefully they will have theirs out soon.
The shorter LOP stock is difficult because of the action spring in the stock. There is only about 3/4-1" without physically altering the spring housing.
A CAS-V would be interesting, and a solution to those who think it's just too much rail.
The 590 plates will not fit the 930 because of the action spring housing. Since GG&G has the 930 plate now, I would not be surprised if they came out with an HK loop model.

Good to see you here Jax.

ETA: I know there are several outfits working on stock options, and some people have modified their action spring housing to be a little shorter.

I like the look of the BullDozer from ETA, and I know its been discussed in other places, but man it looks like alot of weight. I do like that it offers something of a MonolithicRailPlatform though. I have a hard time seeing the need for that much rail on a shotty. I understand the role of a shotgun in dynamic entry, but thats roughly 64" of rail. I dunno, I'm always up for more insight on these things though! :)

How has it faired in your testing M24?

Back