• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

H.R.1329 - To abolish the BATFE

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
They've yet to publish the text of the bill so I only hope it's one I can support. But judging by the name of the bill, sounds like there are some elected reps that are listening.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/1329/cosponsors?q={"search":["sensenbrenner"]}

H.R.1329 - To abolish the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, transfer its functions relating to the Federal firearms, explosives, and arson laws, violent crime, and domestic terrorism to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and transfer its functions relating to the Federal alcohol and tobacco smuggling laws to the Drug Enforcement Administration, and for other purposes.

Sponsor:Rep. Sensenbrenner, F. James, Jr. [R-WI-5] (Introduced 03/04/2015)
Committees:House - Judiciary
Latest Action:03/04/2015 Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

CosponsorDate Cosponsored
Rep. Ribble, Reid J. [R-WI-8]03/10/2015
Rep. Weber, Randy K., Sr. [R-TX-14]03/13/2015

The ATF has been bounced around to different parts of the Gov. a couple times. This doesn't sound a whole lot different than when they went from the Treasury to Justice. That said, I could support abolishing it, but not so sure about just transferring the same wagon load of crap to different departments. Doesn't seem like that would solve anything, and might make it worse.

I'm for it....we don't need all these "cops" organizations.....do we?

"Homeland Security" also must go--in 10 years it has become one of the most bloated agencies there is! :mad:

I'm reserving judgement as to whether this is good or bad. This could go either way depending on how it's split and what happens once it's split.

Back