• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Re: Here she be! :D

Before:
2011-06-29083920-1-1.jpg

After:
DSCN0245-1-1.jpg

Thanks. I can't take all the credit though. After all, ATI made it so simple all I needed was 2 screwdrivers and an allan wrench. What more could you ask for? I put a laser I had laying around on there as well, but you can't really tell in that pictures. I really need to get some better photos of her.

On another note, I did notice some slight sticking when the forend is all the way back. Is this normal? I may just need to lube up the mag tube. Gives me an excuse to break it down again and clean it I guess.

Man, after looking at that picture, this thing just screams, "Buy an 18.5" barrel!"

Sn3aKyGuY- The Talon Stock and Forend looks great. As for the forend, you may be rubbing on the receiver which is because the product is brand new, once you cycle some rounds through the shotgun with this forend you should have no problems. Otherwise, just make sure the forend and everything is lined up, if the adapters or forend is slightly off center that may be causing some slight sticking which you have described. Like you said a quick break down/clean would be in good order to just check and make sure everything is good to go.

:cry: If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. While taking down the 500 today to go over the sticking issue, the follower and spring went flying across my house. I spent 5 hours looking over every square inch of my house that it could of possibly landed in, and even a few parts I know it wouldn't, but looked anyways. I can't find the damn thing for the life of me. I did get the sticking issue resolved though, not that it matters much until I can get a new follower. That or just load one shell at a time.

I was thinking about ordering the AimPro steel follower anyways, but now it looks like I may be forced to. Although I'm not seeing a way to order it on their site. I'll have to give them a call tomorrow. The stock follower from Midway is $7.99 + $3.99 special handling fee + $9.02 shipping. I doubt my local Bass Pro or Scheel's has them in store, so I think I'm stuck paying more for shipping than the product no matter who I get it through. -sigh-

If I found a way to ship out one super cheap I think I may have one laying around.

I have one laying around too ... I just can't find it. :( Gives me an excuse to upgrade so I guess I should look at it as a positive. I know the second I buy one I'm going to find it though.

Well, I just picked up another stock follower. Came in today so at least the mag tube is usable again. Saturday was my birthday and one of my family members got me a gift card to Bass Pro Shop so I picked up a Quake Industries 'The Claw' sling. Quake The Claw Rifle/Shotgun Sling Love it so far. Don't have to keep hiking it up on my shoulder when walking with it. Has quick connect swivel mounts for quick removal. Gonna give it a more rugged torture test next time I get out to the family farm and can run around with it without my neighbors calling the cops. :lol:

:lol: Dont get arrested!

I've seen those slings and wondered how they hold up...

Glad to hear you got another follower, let us know what you think of the sling once you get to put it through the riggers of use.

Re: My Mossberg 5OO

Very nice!

Let us know how she shoots. Looks like your pup wants a go at it as well...

I had that same exact Mossberg 500 (persuader) but it looks very different now. How do you like it so far?

I like it dude, cant wait to hear what you think!!!

Thanks everyone, so far so good ! Have not shot it yet but I'm sure it will be a beast!
If looks could kill !!! I would not be posting this right now. The matte black is sick!
Although it will be hard to keep it in mint condish (already getting wear on mag tube from function testing) I'm already wiping it alot trying to keep it flawless being extra careful not to nick the finish haha
I cleaned out the barrel and it was dirty! I will clean out the action next.

I picked up a 12 gauge cleaning kit made by Kleenbore. Came with 1 of those silicone cloths to wipe the outside and I must say it works wonderfully. Got all the greasy fingerprints off. I also purchased some snap caps for function testing.

Back