• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

"Top Shot" (SEASON #3 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SHOOTER13

TOPSHOTLOGOBIG-1.jpg

====================================================================

The use of weapons of all types have changed the course of history. The best marksmen from around the country compete in challenges that put their skills to the test to determine who is the best using a variety of different weapons. The show features 16 contestants, split into two teams of eight, competing in various types of shooting challenges. One by one, the contestants are eliminated until only one remains. The winner will walk away with $100,000 prize and the title of "Top Shot."

The third season of Top Shot ( Tuesday 10pm EST History Channel ) has commenced. The purpose of this thread is to have an official forum to discuss the shows challenges & challengers...weapon platforms, calibers used...and all the other aspects of the show.

http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot/bios/

Re: Official "Top Shot" Thread

Just finished watching the first episode... Too bad I'm headed to bed.

The elimination challenge was CRAZY! The very first elimination, and it was insane! I think the main challenge was pretty cool, and I know they were all feeling the pressure plus being stressed from carrying climbing and running. You can look at that and say or think, well I would have remembered the magazine before charging the handle, but I prob would have done it too. Sweet rifles too!

Next week looks crazy too! It seems the show is really putting some emphasis on run and gun/shoot under stress, this season.

The weapons, WOW! all sorts of stuff! How bout that S&W 500? Way too much gun for me, but cool never the less!

I can’t believe the dude couldn’t crawl up the log.

EPISODE #1

The Gauntlet

Premiere Date: 08/09/2011

The Season Three premiere begins with a shoot off between 8 pairs of contestants using what many consider the most powerful hand gun in history, the S&W 500 Magnum. The winners of this challenge go on to form the BLUE team, and the losers the RED team.

The first team challenge is a race where each team must carry a 16 foot pole weighing 220 pounds between four 8 foot tall firing platforms...then two team members fire at two targets placed at 75 and 100 yards in front of each platform with the LaRue Tactical OBR (AR platfrorm).

WINNER: BLUE team

The elimination challenge is inspired by the stagecoaches of the Old West. The two contestants competing to stay on the show have to master the extremely difficult skill of shooting 10 targets with 10 cartridges while bouncing up and down in a stagecoach using the 1873 Winchester lever action carbine...with the loser being sent home.

ELIMINATION PICKS: Mark & Amanda

WINNER: Mark

Re: "Top Shot" Thread

I honestly didn't want to like this show. It was yet another "reality" series where they house a bunch of strong willed people together in one house and make them compete against each other. But I have to admit, I caught the marathon on Sunday of season two and got hooked fast.

I watched last night and am already hooked again. I think the greatest challange between last season and this is the fact that there was no "team captian" gelling the teams. They were disorginized last night trying to feel each other out. I think someone should be nominated or step up to lead the team to a single goal.

My husband and I love this show...unfortunately our son threw a hot wheels car at our tv (which is above the mantle) and shattered the bulbs and other stuff inside. Now no tv in living room. Grr. But we DVR'd it from our bedroom tv so we haven't watched it yet!

that show is great, but i think on a regular basis, one man army is my favorite. however top shot is all guns, where as one man army is just to see how good you are shooting after you have been pummeled and almost to the point of breaking. i dvr em all.

GirlsLoveGuns2 said:
My husband and I love this show...unfortunately our son threw a hot wheels car at our tv (which is above the mantle) and shattered the bulbs and other stuff inside. Now no tv in living room. Grr. But we DVR'd it from our bedroom tv so we haven't watched it yet!

You can watch the episodes at: http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot

Nice, watched all of season 1-2 and it's great. I'll have to check out season 3

Uh OH...GLG2, sounds like a time out for one of the 4 H's...( Hayden, Hudsen, Holden, & Halsten )!! ;)

-------------------

Hey Rip...I DVR the "One Man Army" show too...it's quick & decisive...not alot of personal drama (except where they rip on each other in the van ). :cool:

First show had some weapons being used, but not too much after that...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, what did everyone think of the firearms used in episode one :?:

S&W 500 Magnum revolver... ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.500_S%26W_Magnum )

LaRue Tactical OBR... ( http://larueosr.com/ )

Winchester M1873... ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_rifle )

Colt SAA ( Elimination name picks )... ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Single_Action_Army )

=================================================================

i like all 3. but my favorite of them would have to be the LaRue Tactical OBR.

Yea, that OBR was sweet...

I watched that segment twice to see which caliber they used ( 5.56 or 7.62 ), but it was never stated...probably 5.56.

I would want it in 7.62 NATO myself...

LaRue is sweet, but with my limited knowledge of AR and M4 weapons it wasnt a stand out other than for the LaRue name. Of those used on last nights show, the M1873 is classic sweet, and the S&W 500 is shock and awe sweet!

The Colt SAA, I miss seein the 1911 in elimination.

Yea Rossignol...the LaRue name carries a big price tag... almost $3K for the rifle.

You could buy a premium AR platform and still have enough money left over for a shotgun, pistol and revolver !

I got hooked last season and "Netflixed" seasons 1&2 to bring me up to date. Can't wait to see what's in store for this season.

SHOOTER13 said:
Yea Rossignol...the LaRue name carries a big price tag... almost $3K for the rifle.

You could buy a premium AR platform and still have enough money left over for a shotgun, pistol and revolver !

Yep, that about what I get out of it! :lol: I know they command a hefty price, I also know or at least have the understanding, the high end price really does equal a high end firearm. Among the best I understand...

Yeah, i could do really well with 3 large.

Episode #2

Down & Dirty

Premiere Date: 08/16/2011

Teams get down and dirty with one of the worlds most influential firearms, the legendary AK-47. They face an extreme obstacle course with mud pits, barbed wire and exploding mortars. In the elimination challenge, two shooters face a friend or foe challenge with a S&W military & police .45ACP pistol.

The first Team Challenge turns out to be an obstacle course shooting an AK47 prone with two targets set out to 50 and 75 yards at each of four stations with both the BLUE & RED Teams running head to head through a series of pipes to a pit of water and logs, crawling through a mud pit, and then crawling into a pit of sand covered with barb wire. Both teams run neck and neck till it's down to the wire...with Chris of the RED team inching out Jake of the BLUE Team to take the win.

WINNER: RED Team

The BLUE Team now goes to the Elimination...with two members being picked to shoot head to head. The Challenge consists of friend / foe targets...each foe target awards a point and each friend target subtracts a point until the person hitting the most foe targets on a rotating barrel within a minute using a S&W Military and Police .45acp pistol wins, sending the other home.

Elimination Picks: Dustin & Sara

WINNER: Dustin

=========================================

Dustin was smoking on the reloads and shot awesome.

Blue needs to get rid of Jake, nothing wrong with type A, but a good leader listens and takes good suggestions from the group and offers guidance through example and experience. He didn’t do any of that

Loved the M&P as well as the Arsenal AK, the guest instructor seemed to be a good teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back