• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 500 590 sight interchange

poomwah

will ghost ring rear sights from a 500 or 590 fit the 930?
are the receivers the same shape toward the rear? Are the holes drilled in the same place?

There are two different versions of GRS on the 500/590.

On one type the rear sight mounts directly to the 500/590 receiver which uses a shorter front base. This type is not fund on any 930 models. The other type used on the SPX models (made by LPA) is the rail mounted variety that uses the tall, winged front sight post. Not sure if the LPA 500/590 and 930 sights for the SPX models are made to the same dimensional specs though. I'd suggest contacting LPA for some insight...

http://www.lpasights.com/

Thanks LES,
I'm really hoping I can get away without the rail. I like the way the low pro one looks a lot better. I'm going to have to go custom on the front sight anyway because of the ribbed barrel. I'm just wondering if the non rail version will fit the contour of the 930 receiver and line up with the pre-drilled holes

The drilled/tapped mount holes on the receivers should be identical on the 500/590 and the 930.

I've used the same rail on my 590 and 930. Still think you're overthinking the sight set-up though. The reason they call it a "ghost" ring is because it's supposed to disappear when you focus on the front sight. Without it, the vent rib itself directs your eyes to the front sight and acts as an alignment tool. Seems like you're trying to fix something that ain't broke, but that's just my opinion. A wise man once said, "It's your goat. You dress it up however you like"...

I might be overthinking it, I tend to do that.
I know it will "work" with the rib and the bead, but I know that ghost ring will be better for slugs.
the reason I want a lower rear than the one that sits on the rail is so I have a similar cheek weld as I do now.

thanks LES, looking like the factory ghost ring set from the 590 should work. notch the front pedestal to clear the rib, countersink a couple screws, should be good to go

Back