• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Things you might not have thought about

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Survival is more than just weapons, food, etc. or all that other stuff people typically think about. You also need to have a couple things to keep you from going nuts during those long winter nights. Here's a couple that should be in your survival kit.

2 decks of playing cards. Not only for playing a wide variety of games, but also has value in other ways. 52 cards in a deck (not counting jokers), 52 weeks in a year. 4 Seasons, 4 suits. Total value of all cards 364, 1 less than the days in a year; and other uses.

A small chess/checkers/backgammon travel kit.

Several dice.

I'm sure y'all can come up with some other things along these lines.

Last edited:
Well, if you pack away enough batteries, or have a way of recharging the rechargeable type, having an ipod or some other type of music system would be helpful. Playing the same song in your head day in, day out would drive me nuts. Same for portable dvd players. Thinking of "The Book of Eli".

Pencils pens and paper. Drawing sketching and writing. A yo yo, (I keep one handy). I used to roll cigarettes just because it took time. One can always whittle wood too.

Back