• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bad guy brings knife to gun fight

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Grandma wins. I wonder if he learned anything? ;):eek:

On Monday, a would-be robber put a knife to the throat of a 74-year-old Fort Worth, Texas, grandma — and the grandma responded by pointing a gun at the robber’s face and telling him to “back off.”

The attempted robbery ended at that point.

According to NBC 5, Jewell Turner was sitting in her vehicle outside a doctor’s office when the someone tapped on her window, indicating he needed directions. She rolled down the window and said the man just small-talked and asked for directions, then pulled a knife and put it to her throat.

Turner said the man said, “I don’t want to hurt you, but I want your money. And I will hurt you if I have to.”

At that point Turner says she thought about reaching for her deceased husband’s knife — which was in the vehicle — but then remembered that she had her pistol with her. This is how she described the events that unfolded next: “I seen the gun laying there. And I figured that would work better than the knife. I just reached down, got the gun and turned around and pointed it to his face. And I told him, I said, ‘You back off, or I’ll blow your head off.'”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...grandmas-throat-grandma-puts-gun-in-his-face/

Another successful defensive use of a firearm, and without a shot fired or someone highly trained. Gotta love these stories and they need to get more press. Because they completely demolish the propaganda about guns not being needed, being mostly dangerous to their owners and lulling people into a false sense of security. This equalizer is all that granny needed, apparently. Kudos to her, by the way! :D

I've been there before. A couple of bad people pulled knives on me. I pulled my .40 cal. They stopped what they were doing in a hurry. Never chambered a round, but there were 15 gold dot hollow points waiting in the clip.

I've been there before. A couple of bad people pulled knives on me. I pulled my .40 cal. They stopped what they were doing in a hurry. Never chambered a round, but there were 15 gold dot hollow points waiting in the clip.

Did it occur to you that you could have been made in to hamburger by a group knife wielding thugs before you could ever hope to chamber a round? I know everyone has their own reasons for carrying the way that they do but what if they had just charged and not ran away? I'm pretty sure that without a knife I could disable someone and prevent them from racking the slide if I was only a few steps away.

Just food for thought?

Did it occur to you that you could have been made in to hamburger by a group knife wielding thugs before you could ever hope to chamber a round? I know everyone has their own reasons for carrying the way that they do but what if they had just charged and not ran away? I'm pretty sure that without a knife I could disable someone and prevent them from racking the slide if I was only a few steps away.

Just food for thought?
^Yup, exactly what he said

Everyone has their own opinion. I carry daily and abided by Illinois law. There was no concealed carry at that time, thus I wasn't allowed to chamber. I took a big chance by having a clip in. It only takes a second to chamber, and the cops were pulling up. It did however occur to me. Sometimes gun people only think with their guns. I have feet too. I may have had to turn and run to chamber, or fight, but believe me, if necessary it would have gotten done. Besides who runs towards a gun, not knowing if it's loaded or not. Every situation isn't an ideal one. You do what you have to in bad situations.

Last edited:
Well hell, guess didn't realize who I was talking too then. Beg your pardon, I guess in my limited wealth of knowledge and skillset I haven't yet attained near that Shaolin level of gun mastery. In the mean time I'll just continue carrying cocked and hammer dropped till my kung fu is strong enough that the mere sight of my weapon can deter a would be attacker into reconsidering a "run toward a gun.". Best of luck and more power to you on that empty chamber sir

Everyone has their own opinion. I carry daily and abided by Illinois law. There was no concealed carry at that time, thus I wasn't allowed to chamber. I took a big chance by having a clip in. It only takes a second to chamber, and the cops were pulling up. It did however occur to me. Sometimes gun people only think with their guns. I have feet too. I may have had to turn and run to chamber, or fight, but believe me, if necessary it would have gotten done. Besides who runs towards a gun, not knowing if it's loaded or not. Every situation isn't an ideal one. You do what you have to in bad situations.

Well hell, guess didn't realize who I was talking too then. Beg your pardon, I guess in my limited wealth of knowledge and skillset I haven't yet attained near that Shaolin level of gun mastery. In the mean time I'll just continue carrying cocked and hammer dropped till my kung fu is strong enough that the mere sight of my weapon can deter a would be attacker into reconsidering a "run toward a gun.". Best of luck and more power to you on that empty chamber sir

Back